“Beautiful Scenery but a bit pricey”
Review of Grand Canyon West

Grand Canyon West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Resort Corporation is owned by the Hualapai Indian Tribe and is located in Peach Springs, Arizona. In 1988, the Hualapai Indian Tribe, which has occupied the land since 1883, established GCRC, welcoming millions of visitors each year to tour the area, including the nearby lodge, ranch, River Runners and Grand Canyon West. To further increase tourism in the area, the Grand Canyon Skywalk was built in 2007. The Skywalk is a glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge that enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We did a round trip 14 hour tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon West Rim which included the bus ride to and from, A Helicopter Ride down into and back up out of the canyon, a boat ride on the Colorado River, admittance to the Sky Walk and lunch.

The Scenery is spectacular and the Sky Walk was fun also. The cost for the Sky Walk is a bit pricey though. They also have a little living display of Indian life around that area with Teepees and older American Indian women walking around.

Photogs beware YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING YOUR CAMERA/CELL PHONE ONTO THE SKY WALK TO TAKE PICTURES. You have to purchase one of there "Theme Park style" Photo Packages. If you are driving to the West Rim also the road back to the West Rim is very rough so take your time. I was surprised that you could walk right up to the rim of the canyon with no fence or barriers so be careful especially with children.

It is well worth it to take the helicopter ride down into the canyon and the boat ride on the . They offer it right there when you get back at the West Rim.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"bucket list"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just got back from the Grand Canyon West - Sky Walk...what a BAD experience...beautiful pictures but don't bother to pay to walk at the "glass bridge" - HORRIBLE 14 miles road (took us more then 1 hour to drive) - dust, stones, and holes made us to have to drive 10 miles/hour...I didn't know we have to pay a "package" to go to skywalk - and the simply one for a person $77.00 - Hualapai Legacy (Eagle Point - where is the sky walk) + Guano Point (for us is the best then Eagle Point view) and Hualapai Ranch ( we didn't visit because of the road). For me the worse part was I couldn't take pictures when we were at the "glass bridge" - if you want a picture you have to pay again. You have to leave behind your cell, cameras, purses and I never saw on the website you couldn't take pictures when you are there, if I knew for sure I wouldn't come there, it is not big like it is showed at the website...if you decide to go check first how the roads are otherwise go to other part of the Canyon where you don't have to pay and the view is the best, my advice.

3  Thank Marcia_9
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I went here as a part of our honeymoon. We were both amazed but as far as the price i guess it just doesn't worth it. The rim wasn't that amazing to us but the grand canyon was breath taking!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Las Vegas for 6 days and rented an SUV to visit the Grand Canyon West. We chose the West Rim because of its proximity to Las Vegas. The last 40 minutes of the travel are uncomfortable cause is gravel road and is very dusty. I recommend going in SUV or all terrain auto. The staff is very friendly. The parking is very comfortable. They have buses for transport between important points, this gives you time to see everything in your own time. We buy the ticket for the "Skywalk" and it worth, the experience is incredible. It includes a yummy lunch. It's a great day trip and we will definitely be back. This is one of the best places on Earth; the scenes are stunning.