“Very well organised.”
Review of Grand Canyon West

Grand Canyon West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Resort Corporation is owned by the Hualapai Indian Tribe and is located in Peach Springs, Arizona. In 1988, the Hualapai Indian Tribe, which has occupied the land since 1883, established GCRC, welcoming millions of visitors each year to tour the area, including the nearby lodge, ranch, River Runners and Grand Canyon West. To further increase tourism in the area, the Grand Canyon Skywalk was built in 2007. The Skywalk is a glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge that enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a great day. Hot hot hot, a little scary standing that close to the edge(for my hubby) he was worried I'd get whooshed over in a gust of wind. Although I did nearly drop my iPad handing it over to have our photo taken.(it was a gust of wind)
Drove out ourselves from Las Vegas. We purchased the 3 stop bus pass including lunch which was absolutely delicious(the ranch lunch on the 3rd stop) also the skywalk which was totes awesome! The hop on hop off bus was great as you got to see everything in your own time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,570)
All reviews
"glass floor"
"bucket list"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After doing the skywalk and visiting the Indian village at Eagle Point, we went to the café at Guano. Not much for veggies available, just salad. We did get to meet the cute, friendly squirrel called Charlie who will eat out of your hand though, which made it memorable, along with the stunning scenery of course. Staff very friendly and chatty.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent place to see the canyon driving from Vegas, be warned the road is very dusty and long so not ideal for motorbikes, rv's and convertibles. It took nearly 40 mins of driving along the gravel road to get to the reservation but was well worth it, due to the views. I booked the helicopter tour (on their website) including a stop at the canyon floor for 20 mins it was the highlight of our Roadtrip holiday, such a place to see and can be appreciated better from the bottom of the canyon. However don't bother with the skybridge it was awful. Ignore all signs and people on the way to the reservation as they are trying to extort money from tourists.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Amazing place.... Good to see Hulapai getting the return... Worth of walk in sky walk....
Grand Canyon.... Arizona...

See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am going to start out by saying I don't know why this gets such bad reviews! We had an amazing time! I read the reviews before we left and sorta had a bad taste in my mouth(because of all the poor reviews) but when we arrived my whole opinion changed. We chose the West Rim because of its proximity to LV. The worst part is the dirt road you have to drive, which is bumpy and dusty but other than that we had no problems and we had a compact car. Halfway thru the dirt road you have to pay. It was quite a big charge $50 if I remember correctly. There were some Indians that had signs and were picketing. Once we left the dirt road there was another check point where they proceded to state that the dirt road isn't Indian territory. The Indians wanted to pave the road and the owner wouldn't let them, so they (Indians) are making their own road to pave and the owner of the original road has started charging. The Hualapai Indians gave us a buy one get one free on Skywalk because we had to pay for the dirt road access but because we didn't partake of the Skywalk they gave us half off our entry fee. I thought West Rim Grand Canyon was great we live in a very beautiful country!! I recommend this to everyone.