“Bighorn hummer tour”

Grand Canyon West
Book In Advance
$142.99*
and up
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Day Tour from Las Vegas with Optional...
$107.99*
Grand Canyon West Rim Coach Tour from Las Vegas
$262.99*
Grand Canyon in a Day: Hummer Tour from Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Resort Corporation is owned by the Hualapai Indian Tribe and is located in Peach Springs, Arizona. In 1988, the Hualapai Indian Tribe, which has occupied the land since 1883, established GCRC, welcoming millions of visitors each year to tour the area, including the nearby lodge, ranch, River Runners and Grand Canyon West. To further increase tourism in the area, the Grand Canyon Skywalk was built in 2007. The Skywalk is a glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge that enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“Bighorn hummer tour”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had the best tour ever! Brett was our tour guide and there are not enough kind words to describe him. The tour company was very easy to work with when booking. Brett picked us up at the hotel, stayed with us the entire tour. He was informative and made the tour so much fun. Every question we had, he answered. The tour included the Hoover dam, off reading through the desert, the Grand Canyon, lunch at a ranch and the Joshua tree forest. Every step of the way, even the shuttle at the canyon, Brett stayed with us. My husband and I highly recommend this tour group and Brett. You can look them up on the Internet and book directly with them. This tour would be perfect for families and singles.

Visited February 2013

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“amazing views”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Go to this attraction!!! Yes, you have to pay to get into this attraction. You have to pay to get into most attractions. Consider the cost to build, maintain and staff the Grand Canyon West...then you can undestand that the tribe needs to charge fees. There is 9 1/2 miles of unpaved road to the site; but it is not a bad road. The staff that we talked to said that the last miles not paved are going to be this year. It is an amazing area and the views are spectacular!! We went on the helicopter/pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River, and loved it. The guide on the river, Frank, was very knowledgeable about the river, the area and the tribe. The helicopter ride was great, but not long, but the views were amazing. We then went to the Skywalk and it is really something to see. Yes, you have to leave your personal belongings in a free locker, but the glass was replaced in 2011 and is already getting scratched up. You are only going to do this once in your lifetime, so just do it! We sprang for the $100 package of photos, all in really nice frames, and a memory stick of all of our pics and pics of the Grand Canyon and the Skywalk. We were not rushed on the skywalk at all, the staff said take all the time you want and the staff taking pics posed us in different places on the skywalk. It was a great experience. The buildings were clean, the staff were friendly and the girl at the ticket sales took time to price out the best deal for us. We had a 10% off coupon and I am over 55, so we got discounts on the price. For the entrance fee, Skywalk tour, helicopter/boat ride the total for 2 was $500. Not bad, considering I had priced out other Grand Canyon tours and some were $400/person.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank AliceRandy
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“breathtaking, guano point the highlight”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went on the helicopter and river boat cruise. they take your weight so that they can arrange your seat in the helicopter among 5 other passengers (to balance the helicopter). Yup, so no choosing of seats :) The 2 lighter ones sit in front with the pilot.
River cruise was ok but short. It gives you a different persective, seeing the canyon from bottom up instead of top down...nice but I personally feel that it wasn't too spectacular, esp if you've been on other river cruises

We then took helicopter back to the gift shop, and took a bus to Eagle Point. The skywalk is located at Eagle Point as well, but didn't think it was worth it to go on it after hearing bad reviews on tripadvisor and yelp. Basically, the view you get on the sky walk should be similar to the view you get all around Eagle point, except you can't look directly down the canyon.
I neglected to do my research and spent a little bit too much time here, which limited my time at the next stop, Guano Point. Remember to proportion more time at Guano Point which is WAY more vast than Eagle point and has even more breathtaking views. Eagle Point is great too (it's uncanny how much it really looks like an eagle, took lots of photos here too)...but it's just a precursor to Guano Point.

Your bus ticket usually includes lunch at either Eagle Point (chinese), or Guano point (local food). Our tour guide rightly advised us to eat at Guano point.They give you a substantial meal with chicken/beef, corned muffin, mashed potato, salad, desert, 1 bottle of water and coffee/tea. (He said that the Chinese at Eagle point only serves you one drink and just doesn't have as much stuff). The food was DELICIOUS! Appreciated the hot coffee as well cos it was FREEZING at guano point. (we went late Dec, it actually snowed a little at the end of the day). You can eat at tables with a view of the canyon as well (which I didn't quite see at Eagle point), just be aware that it'll be very cold. Hands were freezing as we ate.

Took bus back from Guano point to the gift shop. Remember to get your free visitation certificates here before you head home!
The grand canyon is just breathtaking...the vastness of it all, especially at Guano Point, was the highlight. I can't imagine going to Las Vegas without catching this.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank fnz289
Bristol, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Where to start? The coach driver, Larry, didn't stop talking for the whole of the journey from Las Vegas to West Rim. Droned on about what road we were on until we all fell asleep. On reaching the Rim, it was organised chaos. Basically, we were treated like cattle. Yelled and shouted at. Get there! Come here! As a group of Japanese had arrived ahead of us we were unable to get to the helicopter ride, and basically told to do our own thing. BUT! Be sure to be back by for the helicopter trip! The coaches which took visitors to the Ranch and lookout point were single entry/exit, and as there were always huge queues, it took a great deal of time to offload/onload. Consequently, not much time to eat, as also huge queues for food. Skywalk was disappointing. Grand Canyon south rim superior, as more time to take in the beauty of the place. And to think we paid to be treated like this!

Visited October 2012
8 Thank Farmers_Frolics
tigersbbfan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day trip from Vegas”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My in-laws were visiting us in SoCal and wanted to check out the Grand Canyon (among other sights) on their vacation out west. None of us had ever visited the Grand Canyon and couldn't wait to take in its beauty...until we realized the drive woukd be 6 hours from Vegas, where we would be staying for a few days. Sheesh. We looked into a bus tour that was quite reasonable, however it the day started at 7am and ended around 10pm. No thanks. We had heard that the Grand Canyon south rim was the best, but based on the above, we opted for the west rim locale. Approximately 2.5 hours from Vegas, the drive was pretty quick and pleasant...until we reached the unpaved section. Ok, the road is nice and paved, and then just turns to gravel. I drove it, in my personal sedan, and cringed the entire way. It is a miserable stretch. Then magically, the road becomes paved again. Who in the hell decides not to pave an approximate 10ish miles in the middle of nowhere? Word of advice if you do decide to drive it yourself: the tour buses and employees FLY through this unpaved road and will sling gravel at you. Def drive at your own risk. As for the canyon, it was beautiful, however I have nothing to compare it to. I was aware that this was an Indian reservation and that everything would be priced high. We paid for the cheapest tour option (I believe it was around $48 per person), and we did not feel as though we missed out on anything. We spent a good couple of hours there taking in the sights. We did not do the Skywalk; 2 in our group don't do well with heights while the other 2 refused to pay the price of admission since they would not be allowed to take their own photos. Be forewarned: I was so excited to get off the dirt road upon leaving the canyon that I laid on the gas...and for pulled over by a state trooper. Ah geez, I'm going to have to go to some Podunk town in Arizona to go to court over a ticket. Great. Thankfully, somehow we drove away with a warning. So, be mindful of the speed limit so you don't find yourself in a similar situation. Super long "review" (I know, I know), but one thing to take away: if you find yourself in Vegas wanting a very doable day trip, def check it out. We almost didn't venture to the west rim because of what we had read about it being far inferior than the north or south rim. For our vacation, those locations were just considerably further than we had the time for. The west rim was sufficient and we enjoyed it thoroughly, despite the high cost. To be honest, it was worth it (to us) to pay the fare and get to experience the Grand Canyon without driving all day. I doubt I would go back, but I feel like I got to experience everything the first time, so there's no need to go back. The south and north rim are still on my bucket list :)

3 Thank tigersbbfan