“Bed felt like sleeping on a kitchen table”
Review of Golden Inn

Golden Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed the end of Sept 2012. Had not read trip advisor's other reviews thoroughly enough before booking. Just wanted to sleep and shower, and I don't think my expectations are very high, but clean and comfortable is adequate. Will not stay here again. The bed was so uncomfortable, unsure if they are better in other rooms. Went to wash my face and the washcloth had a huge, dark stain. The carpet had worn holes in places, there were picture hangers on the wall without pictures. We had 3 hours to drive home. Thankful we made it ok, but would have preferred a little comfort to sleep. Ice machine wasn't working and when we asked if there was another, he pulled out an ice chest with water. Bathroom was pretty clean.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traveling along old Route 66 (Interstate 40) and spending the night in Hollbrook, AZ, ;you might want to save money. The Econo Lodge was clean and no frills but at $34.99 per night you can rest well, enjoy the shower and have a great breakfast at Denny's one block away.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor or you will have to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice hotel , but needs some refurbishing. Room was clean , but outdated. Ice machine did not work and wi-fi very poor. A very uncomfortable bed. It's good if you just need a room to crash overnight. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2012

can't say much good about this place. it seemed to share a lot with a quality inn. room was not up to expectations a wifi did not work. Ice machine was condemed and had sign to go to office for ice. went to office was locked no ice later was told to go to other motel for ice. not sure if the had breakfast, by this time ready to leave town in a hurry. Place needs new matresses still has carpet stain and peeling paint pool where was pool

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I dont know where to start. If I lived closer I would file a small claims suit to get my money back.

1. No towels in the room.
2. Door to room was bent and would not close properly so a huge gap in the door you could see outside through and you had to lean into it with your shoulder to close it.
3. Door to bathroom was too small for door frame so you could not close the bathroom door and there was a huge two inch gap between the door and the frame.
4. No remote control for the TV.
5. Sheets so thin you could see the stains in the mattress underneath. Pillows also like paper and the bed was like a torture device.
6. Floors were filthy and had not been vacuumed in a year.
7. No free breakfast because they "forgot to stock up".

This place was a bad joke!!! The owners have no business being in the motel business. I want my money back!!!!

Room Tip: Pick another motel, its the only way to find a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel had a pool and hot tub which was nice after a long drive.

The room was bargain basement - not horrible, not nice

Strange Smell in the lobby.

This hotel was not horrible - let's say it was "right priced"

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1bike
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Traveling home after the death of my mother. Stopped here for the night. The room my son and I were given was terrible. Stains on the carpet and paint peeling off the wall. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We were tired from the long drive that day, so we were going to just stay it out. That was until we turned down the covers on one of the beds to find hair on the pillow and sheets. I went to the front desk, told the clerk we were not going to stay because of the condition of the room. He gave me this look, like, whatever! I told him I did not want to be charged for the room, asked for a receipt, which he gave me showing a ZERO charge. Lo and behold, when I arrived home, checking my bank account...I WAS CHARGED. I wrote a letter to the corporate office, requesting a refund. To this day they refuse. I will sleep on the ground or in my car before I ever stay at any of this company's hotels ever again. They will no longer get my business. BTW...the Best Western next door is where I ended up getting a room and let me tell you, THEY WERE AWESOME! Definitely recommend them over this trashy place.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend ANY room here