“Beware don't expect what you reserved”
Review of Super 8 Holbrook

Super 8 Holbrook
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Mesa Az
“Beware don't expect what you reserved”
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I am a very easy going person and not given to ranting. However this stay at this hotel gives me room to revaluate that position. I had reserved a double non smoking. Upon arrival I was given a smoking double room only after 10 mins of her rentering the info and appearing to recharge my card. I have never had that happen before in any hotels.com reservation I checked the room out and went back down and told the clerk of the mix up and was told hotels.com did it. Upon showing her it was the hotels mistake she gave me another key. I went up 2 flights of stairs to the 3rd floor only to find now it was a non smoking single. I went back down stairs and told the clerk of the error and that I wanted what I paid for and she again said it was hotels.coms fault and refused to give a new room unless I said please. I was not being rude at all. You would think that a 3 day stay in this economy would have had them tell us please keep this screwed up reservation, we will fix it and we are sorry

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Hertfordshire, England.
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Is there a trade description act in the US because this one beats the lot! All I can say is that the website photos are very, very flattering! The outside of the hotel looked nothing like the website photos which were what we had chose it on. Where are the trees and greenery? To say it was a bit of a shock driving up - well! We checked in as soon as we could with the intention of sitting round the pool for a while but found the water a dirty brown colour and no way we were getting in there. Room itself was'nt too bad, basic but acceptable. All carpets in public areas were very dirty plus the windows and all glass doors. Door to pool was covered in dirty finger prints. Breakfast next morning was quite good although tiny breakfast area in reception. Checked out as quick as we could. The location on the edge of town was ok as it was'nt near the rail tracks or much else to come to think of it. Would never go there again or Holbrook as we found it very 'edgey', but having said that the small town museum was very good complete with the old town jail where after spending a night in there you would never want to do it again!

• Liked — Did'nt
  • Disliked — All of it
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Holbrook hotels

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed September 14, 2008

When we booked our single night stay at the Super 8 all we were looking for was a simple but clean motel. The overnight stop in Holbrook should cut the distance between Monument Valley and Phoenix in half. That day we were pretty tired as we had already visited Canyon de Chelly and Petrified Forest NP. The more shocked we were when we opened the door to our room. The room had a musty odor to it, the carpet was extremely stained and worn as well as the furniture which was straight from the 70s. The bathroom seemed rather new and clean,though. At this point we thought that it would be ok for one night. The bedding looked suspiciously used so I lifted a pillow just to find lots of hair from the previous guest(s)!!!!!! Disgusting!!! No way would anyone of us sleep in that. After that we got a room at the Holiday Inn Express just across the street which is a lot better. Unfortunately our room at the Super 8 was prepaid so they couldn't/didn't want to refund our rate. We were offered another room but refused to take it after our initial experience.

Beware of this Super 8

• Liked — exit
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2008

The room at the Super 8 was actually nicer than I expected. In addition to the queen bed there was a desk and chair and an easy chair. It was clean and fairly quiet. But they have strange parking rules. The desk clerk (our's was a little cranky) tells you to park outside the window to your room and then enter the building on the end. First of all, we were unsure which room was ours from the outside. They aren't marked. Secondly, it was quite a walk to get from our car to the inside of the hotel hauling our luggage and using a key card to enter while standing in the rain. The continental breakfast was OK but they have it in the hotel lobby which is very small.

• Liked — Easy chair in the room
  • Disliked — Parking situation
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bettybook
San Antonio, Tx
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed at the Holbrook Super 8 when our truck broke down on the way back from the Grand Canyon. I cannot say enough about how pleasant and helpful the staff were during our unexpected stay. We stayed three days and found the room to be clean and reasonably priced. We had a problem with one of the washing machines that are available in the hotel and the maintenance person fixed it right away. The breakfast was fine-- cereals, muffins and pastries. The only complaint I would have was the lack of good restaurants within walking distance, but then again, this is a small town. Other than that, I would highly recommed this hotel if you're looking for a decent, clean and reasonably priced place to stay

• Liked — Clean rooms, helpful staff
  • Disliked — Location--no decent restaurants nearby
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzmich
Seal Beach
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I booked my hotels with the free breakfast in mind. Super 8 had a good continental breakfast for the money. They had hot and cold cereal, 2 kinds of juice, bagels, toast and coffee and tea. It was simple but good. And the tables set up inside were nice to eat at. The super 8 also had free internet and that was nice to check email. The rooms were clean and confortable. It is close to the interstate for easy access. I liked that there was a pizza hut right next to it so i did not have to drive somewhere for dinner.

• Liked — A good but simple continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Having to go up three flights of stairs to have the top room.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NettySealBeach
Alabama
Reviewed October 20, 2007

This is not a luxury hotel, but our room was very spacious & clean. Stayed here before visiting the Petrified Forest. Very convenient to that park.

• Stayed October 2007