“Had everything we needed”

Howard Johnson Holbrook
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

This was a welcome place to stay after a very late night of driving. Had a nice check-out time, very comfortable beds, a great LCD television and is extremely well set up to be functional. The staff was nice and very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012
RamHolbrook, Manager at Howard Johnson Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your review!!! We are glad you stayed with us!!!

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Holbrook

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had been traveling for a couple of weeks and stayed in several hotels/motels. As we approached the desk the clerk greeted us with a happy and pleasant personality. The room was very clean with all the amineties such as microwave and fridgein the room for a great price. The breakfast in the morning was very good and plenty to eat. I will stay here next time I travel on I-40 and recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review!!! We hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Another great hotel, great service...gave us some places to eat since they didn't have a resturant on site. was almost full but front desk lady gave us a awesome room at a great price.
I would recomend this hotel 100%

Plenty to eat for breakfast

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Hop you enjoyed the restaurant! Thank you for staying with us!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed one night while traveling on I-40. The outside looked great and a reasonable rate was noted on their sign. The receptionist was extremely friendly but we quickly learned the rate listed was for a single, not double, and did not include the time period of our stay (what's new? This happens to us a lot). The lobby was very clean and the indoor swimming pool and surrounding area also looked nice (we did not happen to use the pool though). I was quite disappointed in the room itself. It was quite dark and the comforters, blankets, etc., were worn and should be replaced. We were on the bottom floor so couldn't keep our drapes open due to others walking by and looking into the room. The room and bathroom were clean. It was quiet although a large truck left early in the a.m. which woke us up. It is convenient to I-40 but not close enough to hear the traffic. The breakfast included the average fare these days - cold cereal, waffles, toast, muffins, some fruit. I was disappointed in that they did not have any cream or half & half, only powder. I inquired and was told they were out and it would arrive later that morning. Better planning on their part would be beneficial! With other hotels available in the area I probably would choose to stay elsewhere (although the price wasn't bad and could be the deciding factor when compared to the other hotels).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
bVicci, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in town, and we thank you for writing this review and helping us improve. We will look into your comments, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently renovating our property and always looking for ways to better serve our guests. We hope you will give us another chance and allow us to provide you with a great experience next time.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

the room was clean, but the breakfast was poor. They didn't even have butter for the toast or waffles. There was not anyone at the front desk to check out with. Finally the owner/ manager came out, he was not friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: The suites were large on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We are so sorry that you had a bad expereince with our breakfast. I woul like to tell you that because of this review, we now have butter over by the waffel maker and in better view by the toaster.

Thank you for your review!!!

Please contact me if you have any more issues with Ramada Holbrook.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The receptionist phone voice and excitement brought us in - a place seemed to understand hospitality. Room was clean and comfy. But noisy bus idling outside in morning woke us up earlier than hoped. Thin walls too, so we could hear all the footsteps. When I commented about the bus, the clerk seemed well aware and didn't have much concern. Sounds like this property is a regular stop for tour groups, and their filling the rooms takes priority over guest comfort.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We thank you for your review... and we are sorry that the bus was so loud. Thanks again for the helpfull reveiw
Patricia

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the name and price. I regret it and should have spent the extra few dollars to get a better place to stay. When we arrived the front desk clerk was too busy sitting there to even say "Welcome to the Ramada" or "can I help you" all I got was "Good you have a reservation" after I said hello I have a reservation. Then she scolded my child for touching the front desk. When we got to the room there was an overwhelming smell of Lysol, it was so bad it made my nose burn. It looked a little dated but I still had a positive attitude, the beds looked clean. So as I was looking at the coffee pot I noticed that not only was their dust on it but the dust was caked on it, every part of it. I took my children to the pool, it was dark but appeared to be clean, the fitness center was closed and there were used towels on the floor. When I went back to the room I noticed that the shower head was disgusting, it was covered in calcium from hard water, or so I hope it was only calcium. It was brown all over; I was scared to touch it. We went to bed around 11pm and after the lights went out all you could hear was the people running up and down the stairs screaming and laughing, the people upstairs running back and forth outside their rooms and the people directly above walking on the floor, then at 3am the people next door moved in and until they went to sleep at 5am we were listening to their whole conversation. At 6am we packed up the children and got out of there. The breakfast area was also gross; the waffle iron looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years. I would never recommend this place and would rather have stayed in my car for the night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
bVicci, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

I do apologize for any inconvenience you had on your stay with us. Also apologize for any staff misbehavior. With these reveiws we always look for ways to improve. However we do appreciate you taking time out of your day in giving a review.