“Motel 666”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Springfield, Missouri
“Motel 666”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My huuby and I renamed this hotel after the bizar experience that we had there in late sept.We were tired just wanted to crash cheap and leave early the next day.We were in the room about 15 mins. and the mgmt. called regailing me non stop with a problem that they were having with a guest and how he was going to have him removed from the premises.I said that this did not concern me and that you sould be speaking to the problem guest.He said oh!I am sorry I called the wrong room.He then said ,if the guy next door bothers you let me know!
Hubby then told me that the guy next door had already spoke to him outside saying that he was going to be loud praising the lord all nite and to just beat on the wall if it got too loud.I said oh geeze we can pick um.I found out that to make a call there you have to go outside near the road to have your cell work.I was outside trying to make a call and the man aproached me angry thinking that we were the ones making a complaint on him.I told him that we didnt want to get involved,we didnt complain,and that we just wanted peace.He kept raising his voice to me saying that I needed to understand that his daughter had just been kidnapped and that I need to understand.He had a wild ,angryl ook in his eyes and I ran into my room and locked the door.After telling hubby my experience ,he said tell the mgmt. that he is bothering you.I did and he said we will have him removed ,just stay in your room and I will call you when he is gone .I said fine and I do not want to get involved.he said no problem.10 mins .later the cop,the nutty man ,and the mgmt. are all at my door.The mgmt totally got me right in the middle of it .The cop said unless he harmed me he could not throw him out ( the nutty man was standing right next to him) like all of this was my fault lol... then the mgmt.said well this guy lives here monthly and although he is a bit wierd he is harmless..WHAT ..?? what kinda questions did that raise for me ? Now mgmt.is defending him..Anyway they moved us to another room.The nutty man paced back and forth in front of our new room a few times before giving it up for the night.The beds are terrible in the motel 6's .That cured us from motel 6's.The super 8 is the same price and free wifi and free breakfast is included.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foodie_luv16
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
First and foremost we want to apologize for the bad experience you had when you stayed with us here at the Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. We understand your were not here to get caught up in allegation with any guests or management. We are truly sorry for the misunderstanding of the rooms and did not mean to cast you as the bad person in this situation.

However, we are not pleased about the title of this review. Two members of our staff were the only ones involved with the whole situation. When the title shows "666" it represents a terrible place and of horrific beings. This is not the place for such a name. Our staff finds it very offensive along with others who may be reading this review. Our representation upholds a very pleasant and well maintained facility. A honest mistake was made and we have apologized for it numerous amount of times including when you were present on property. Since this review was posted, we've been striving harder to keep our guests from thinking this is a terrible place to stay. From the past reviews since yours, we have been receiving positive feedback and still keeping our representation to its potential. We've been able to ignore the title and move forward as a company and continue to give great service and hospitality to our regulars and new clients.

In conclusion, the purpose for the response is to give our full apology and to let you know we are still doing very well and will continue to push harder to keep our name as Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona. A place to get great service and excellent deals all year round. We want to wish all the best and hope all works out.

Motel 6 Staff/Management
Holbrook, Arizona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This was the nicest motel 6 ever!!! Very quiet area, really friendly staff and the rooms have a fridge and microwave!! Score for traveling cross country. The curtain covered the outdoor lighting and I just tucked it into the window sill to close out any light. The beds were very comfortable except for the pillows. They were very lumpy cotton and kinda thick. A moment when I was wishing I had my own pillow.

Other than the hard pillows, our bathroom had a shoe print or some dirt print on the toilet seat. It was kinda weird. Oh and no bathtubs so kids didn't get a bath. But that's not a big deal.

Overall I was totally surprised by this place and will be definitely coming back!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to post a review. Its always a pleasure knowing that our guests take the time to acknowledge they’re stay and of course help with any suggestions to make future arrivals much more comfortable. We apologize for the uncomfortable pillow you had in your room. We are in the process of replacing the old ones with new ones and hope that will help the next time you decide to pass through and need a place to stop. We would like to thank you graciously and invite to stay with us in the near future. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.
New Jersey
Reviewed September 21, 2012

One of the better Motel 6s I’ve stayed at over the years. Clean rooms, attentive staff. We just dropped in for the night, unexpectedly, but we would definitely stay here again. They had free use of computers in their lobby.

Very convenient for Petrified Forest National Park, a surreal location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We very much appreciate your review regarding your stay at the Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona. We’re happy that your experience with us was positive and that we met your standards. With extra amenities provided for our guests we like to welcome you with the necessities of home. We look forward to having you visit in the near future and like always we will be here to welcome you with the comfort of home. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.
Ellington, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We pulled into this hotel after reading online that it was pet-friendly and didn't require outrageous pet fees. In fact, they did not charge a pet fee at all! The room was clean and cheerful, the office staff friendly and accommodating and the grounds were well kept. The pool area was inviting (even though we didn't have time to enjoy it) and there were plenty of BBQ grills for our use. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone who needs a good night's sleep without worrying about catching some disease! :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Russ H, Manager at Motel 6 Holbrook, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for you review and positive feedback on your stay with us at Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona. We’re happy to know that we were able to accommodate you on your trip and make your stay comfortable and hassle free. Pets are more than welcome here at our establishment. We like to think of them as family and of course a great traveling companion. We appreciate your business and look forward to future arrivals and of course bring along your pets. We hope the next time you visit the area, you get to experience our pool and of course the BBQ grills provided. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This motel has been newly remodeled and there is actually a lid on the toilet seat, no burn stains on the bathroom counter, and a great shower stall. This Motel 6 has also decided to put laminate wood flooring in the rooms instead of carpet. I REALLY like it. So much easier to move things around and also not looking at nasty stains in the carpet. As far as the noise factor with the flooring, there were guests above me and I didn't hear them walking around any more than with carpet. After all, Motel 6 isn't know for their quality of carpet and pad for noise reduction. The rooms have microwaves and fridges, and are a good value. I would recommend this Motel 6 as the standard. Also, the staff--in paticular BILLY--are very professional and courteous upon check in. BILLY was actually wearing a very nice suit and tie. You can tell he took pride in the Motel and his job.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona for your accommodations on our trip. We recently renovated the rooms to laminated wood floors and working on upgrading all rooms to the new design. We are pleased to know that your room was in excellent condition and have met your standards. We take the time to make sure all rooms are in perfect condition before rental. With your feedback we look forward to accommodating you in the near future with even better service and of course experience. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 of Holbrook, Arizona.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The room and grounds are well maintained and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful AND they're dog friendly. Well appointed with microwave and mini fridge, but shower stall is small. Lots of family and dog action in a good way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for staying with us here at Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona. We are pleased to know your stay was remarkable and pleasant. Of course we welcome pets and they always stay free with us. With full amenities for our guest we like make it easy and affordable for your traveling needs. We look forward to future visits and serving your traveling needs. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 in Holbrook, Arizona.
Austin
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Was traveling across the country with a friend and after 16 hours on the road, we stopped here to crash out for the night. Looking only for 4 walls and a bed for a decent nights sleep, they still managed to disappoint. Room was utterly filthy. Put a towel on the floor outside the shower, and after picking it up, it was covered in nasty dirt. The "clean" towels had hair and stains on them. Bed had hair and other stains on it.
So, wrapped in a sleeping bag and pillow from the car, I settled in for the night. Sleep never found me though. The walls are paper thin, and being a travel hub, people were coming and going all night long and you hear their every footstep. Sounds like the walls are coming down around you when someone walks by on the second floor. Huge truck parking lot on one side of the building so you'll hear loud trucks coming and going all night if you're on that side. If you're on the front, you'll hear the main parking lot comings and going, which are also 24/7.
Rooms are dirt cheap, but as the old adage goes, you get what you pay for. If you have some extra money in your budget, use it for a nicer hotel (there are plenty) if you get stuck in this town. If not, save some money and just sleep in your car. You'll sleep better.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, make sure you get a room on the back side, and more toward Denny's than t...