“Lack of courtesy”

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
“Lack of courtesy”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Left my military uniforms in the closet of this hotel. Drove 6 hrs to Las Vegas before realizing they were left behind. Then I had to contact the hotel to confirm their location. I then had to drive six hours back to retrieve them because I needed them first thing Monday morning. But the hotel staff did not have the decency to contact me and inform me. They could have given me a courtesy call before we made it to Las Vegas. I just felt really unappreciated by this hotel especially because it was Independence Day.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank SMACK14
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and feedback. In checking our records, it is noted that you did not check out at the desk which usually meant that the guest left early in the morning. The uniform was brought down to the Front Office at about 3 pm after our housekeeping staff had cleaned the room, and we later received a call from the female owner of the uniform about an hour later. As a policy, we leave the arrangement to the owner of the property left behind on how they would like to retrieve them as the costs associated with their repatriation can be exorbitant. In this case, the lady we spoke to declined to arrange a call pickup with FEDEX to have her uniform returned. I understand and empathize the stress and gravity of losing any military equipment, and the high symbolic value of a US military uniform; however between the time of your departure and when we found the uniform left behind, you would probably have already reached your destination. I appreciate that you rated your room condition and cleanliness high; however, I am sorry that your stay was marred by the uniform incident and that you had to drive so many more hours to retrieve them. I hope that everything in the end turned out fine. I wish you both all the best and I thank you for staying with us.

Warmest regards,

Aimee
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2014

As a perennial Diamond Elite member, I have had the opportunity to stay in hundreds of different Choice Hotels, and it is easy to see the differences between hotels. My wife and I stayed here for a night while touring northern Arizona, and the room was clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed, although we did have some trouble flushing the toilet. The complimentary hot breakfast was pretty typical. The staff that we encountered was not as welcoming and friendly as the other 4 Choice hotels that we stayed in on this trip, and that was the primary reason for not rating this hotel higher. I have found the Quality brand to be much more variable from hotel to hotel than the other Choice Hotels brands, and this one is certainly better than some we have stayed at.

Room Tip: No elevator, so request a first-floor room if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Tomtinaz,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am glad that you rated our motel as one of better ones that you had stayed in among the many other Choice hotels you had experienced as a Diamond Elite member, and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. However, I will meet with my staff, especially with our new employees, to see how we can improve ourselves on welcoming our guests. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your return stay with us.

Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have to give this a poor rating, because of maintenance, and service. It was what was to be expected of a Quality Inn, but when we checked our room the toilet did not flush without holding the handle down and repeating 3 or 4 times. The in valve also leaked. When my wife reported it we were told they would try to contact maint., we were not offered another room. We never heard back and suffered with it all evening. At check out I told them again and advised them not to let anyone use it. Got an "OK". After reviewing it on the Choice Hotel site, I received an email from the manager, saying in effect that he talked to me and I said we had our lugggage in the room and I turned down the option to move, also that I was OK with it, and that He talked to me in the am and gave me a discount, in the am he found nothing wrong. He never talked to me, we were not unpacked, never met the manager, and never got a discount. Large puddle on floor should have been a clue

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken F
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Ken,

I was the one who met with you when you first arrived, and I apologize for the miscommunication and for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. It is our policy that if any of our guests are not satisfied with their rooms we will move them to another especially if it relates to a plumbing or maintenance problem as serious as yours. I have also mailed a copy of your bill to you where you will see a room discount which I gave you when we met the following morning upon your check-out. I had apologized to you then, and I apologize to you again for your experience and for our miscommunication.

Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2014

As a Diamond Elite member of Choice Hotels, all facilities are required to upgrade my reservation if available. On check in I was neither recognized as a Diamond Elite Member nor did I receive my upgrade. Eventually, after fighting with the front desk clerk, she called the owner and we got the upgrade. How I love to go to war with 21 year old clerks!!!

The breakfast was terrible. The coffee was so watered down it hardly looked like a cup of strong tea. The eggs were those prefabbed disks that were left so long in the warmer that the perimeter was crisp. The sausage disks didn't look much better. The only fruit they had were oranges, no apples, no bananas.

When I voiced my complaints at checkout the staff was not even concerned. All in all, a pretty bad stay.

On the positive side, the WiFi signal was good and the beds were acceptable. However, the pillows were rocks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank The_Road_Warrior_63
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Ross,

Thank you for your review. I understand that you had booked our lowest category room which is a single Queen and had insisted on a King upgrade upon check-in because of your status. Our staff did acknowledge your membership status by upgrading you to one of our popular first floor rooms. In addition, even though your Elite membership did not entitle you to this, we also upgraded you to a Double Queen room to pacify you. Unfortunately, upon check out you had threatened to give us an awful review on Tripadvisor as you did not get your way and you have carried out your threat. I am sorry that we could not meet all your demands, however I believe we have tried our best to meet them. I do thank you for staying with us and I wish you all the best.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Upon my arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful the room was very clean and had NO lingering order of any so called air freshener spray, which was refreshing . Even though Air freshener spray may smell fresh, it does nothing more than POLLUTE the air it does not freshen it. The bed was very comfortable the room was great. I was traveling solo and thought the room rate for one person should have been about $10 less than what i paid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank R B
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear RB,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you find our room condition to your satisfaction. However, in regards to the room rate, I am sorry that we could not reduce the rate as our room rates are based on double occupancy. We do offer good discounts for AAA and AARP members though.

Thank you again for your review.

Ardgroom, Ireland
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We thought we were staying in the Comfort Inn but they had changed their name to the Quality Inn the week before. Girl at reception was fantastic and could not have been more helpful. The following morning was Easter Sunday and she directed us to the church. Fr. O'Keefe's grandfather was from Cork, Ireland. The Mass was beautiful and the choir with 11 guitars was fabulous. Great place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Trish D
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Trish,

Thank you very much for your review and I am very glad that you had a great experience staying with us. The motel name was changed to the Quality Inn as we have a new owner who purchased the property recently. He has upgraded the facilities and will continue to do so over the next few months so that our guests will have a pleasant stay with us. In the meantime, we truly appreciate reviews like yours as we need as many of them as possible in order to build a great reputation for us since our name change.

GM
Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The Rooms were a very nice size. The Rooms were very clean and the Staff was very friendly. The Breakfast was good not as much as you would get at one of the larger hotels. Rooms have microwave and frig. Only downfall was the pool was not open. I Would stay there again when in the area.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Michele8567
Aimee Y, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding our breakfast which was not up to your expectations. I will look into how we can do a better job. However, I am very glad that you find our guestroom layout and cleanliness to your satisfaction. I do apologize for the pool being unavailable as it is a seasonal pool. We do look forward to your return.

Sincerly,