“Another relaxing stop-over on our Route 66 adventure”

Best Western Arizonian Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tue May 28th 2013. We arrived at the Arizonian just after 12 local time and, not realising (being British tourists) that we had crossed into yet another time zone and thinking it was in fact 1pm thought that we were a bit 'early but decided to try our luck at reception anyway. We had been advised that booking in time was 3pm onwards but were greeted by the owner/manager (I believe his name may be Yogesh Shukla or 'Yogi' to his regulars) who asked us to give him about an hour and our room would be ready. Great, no problem. That gave us an opportunity to head into town for a good look around as it was only an overnight stop for us anyway. Arrived back at the Arizonian after about 2 hrs sightseeing and our room was ready - 201, second floor just next to reception and overlooking the car park and Denny's restaurant. We thought, that Denny's being open 24/7, noise may be an issue but, to our surprise, it wasn't and had a great nights sleep.
As other reviewers have said, the room furniture looked a little 'old fashioned' but that only added to our 'nostalgic route 66' experience. The room was clean, well appointed, spacey and the bed was nice and comfortable. The manager/owner, his desk assistant and housekeeping staff were welcoming, polite, friendly and more than helpful also adding to our 'experience'.
Any other Route 66 fans/travellers should definitely add Holbrook to their itinerary and we would recommend the Arizonian Inn as the ideal place to stay as it has iconic motel attributes and is just off the I-40 yet far enough out of town to ensure a quite night although not too far away from town to see all the iconic Route 66 places of interest.
A big 'thumbs up' from us and thank you for a lovely stop-over.
Kevin & Mary Brooks. (U.K.)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was the worst handicapped room I've had the displeasure of staying in since Jan 2011 when I had my amputation. The only handicap bar in the room was vertical on the side of the "tub". Tubs are not easy for someone that is missing a leg. Try getting out of a tub without a leg. The worst thing though was the low low rise toilet. Not only was it so low to the floor I couldn't use my good leg to push myself up, but there was absolutely NOTHING I could grab hold of to pull myself up. It was humiliating needing to have my husband come lift me off the toilet!

Room Tip: NOT for people that need high rise toilets or grab bars, handicapped or not.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lindy92057
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was satisfactory as far as cleanliness but the fitted sheets did not fit on either bed! One way too big and mine was way too small. The under pads do not fit either. I called for another sheet and the one brought was even smaller! So I went to my van and dragged my travel bedding in. Then at 10:30 pm the toilet started running and wouldn't stop. I was not offered maintenance but was offered to change rooms. My child was already sound asleep so I didn't want to move her. By morning the toilet was broken and could not be flushed. I was still not offered any maintenance so we had to use the restroom in the breakfast area near the lobby. Needless to say I got no sleep. I spoke to the manager in the morning and he refused any sort of refund, full or partial because we used a AAA discount! Really? He said because it was a mechanical issue with the toilet he was not responsible. When asked about the sheets not fitting beds, he said they put them in the dryer so they must have shrunk! They were a good six inches too short! and the other a foot too big! I will not be back... this type of service was uncalled for. The least they could have done was offered partial payment for our inconvenience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Sheryl c
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Owner gave us perfect room to overlook our truck and trailer. Nice landscaping in front with bench in shade where we sat and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine. Rooms were very clean and nice if a bit dated décor. Full breakfast was excellent and started next leg of our trip off great.
Denny's is right next door so easy access to lunch or dinner without having to drive. Very easy access on and off of I-40.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mom and I stopped in here after the Grand Canyon in the morning and a-lot of driving to see the painted desert/petrified forest. Super sweet front desk girl immediately welcomed us to Holbrook, Arizona. Plenty of parking allowed us a space right in front of our room, which was clean and quiet and super comfortable. Shortly after we settled in to our room the front desk called to be sure everything was satisfactory, nice classy touch. After I showered off the road grime I sat down to look through the Best Western hotel room book. (Admittedly this is an odd enjoyment I have when on the road.) In some of these books you get the cable channels, sometimes a directory of local eatery's, and hotel rules ect. This book has the story of this hotel and it's owners, the story of this little town and it's natives. the metier crater. Awesome! So much charm. Much more than just a place to rest for the night. One thing on the down side was the ice machines were all out of ice. presumably because of people filling ice chests with them. It was HOT!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here so we could go to the Petrified Forest. Reserved two rooms. One room smelled of smoke. Called front desk and they said they would send someone up. After 45 minutes, I went to front office. Got us another room. We went out to drive onto Route 66. Came back and got ready to go to bed. Find out the A/C in the room doesn't work. Kids are already in bed and we just decide to ride it out for the night. Room got very warm but we were able to open some windows to cool things down. In the morning we go down for the free breakfast, which is in a tiny room. Food was okay but not up to par of the other best westerns. My wife didn't shower because there was grasshopper that had gotten into the bathroom. The hotel is old and needs to be updated. Although the rooms seemed clean, they weren't as clean as they could have been. They get a lot of traffic from the interstate so they do plenty of business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Todd E
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best Western in Holbrook, AZ was a really nice place to stay. We were greeted by Yogi and he had a wonderful sense of humor. After we were settled in and the front desk personnel changed we got a courtesy call asking if everything was OK. The room was clean and sufficient for our needs. At breakfast there was a young woman who made sure we were taken care of. The waffle iron timer wasn't working so she actually watched my waffle and made sure it didn't burn. We stayed two nights and were very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple