“Wonderful”

Best Western Arizonian Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, wonderful service. I had a great time with my husband and kids here. Next time we have to drive this way we will stay here. The pool was clean, the kids enjoyed it. I have never traveled this way into the United States. This has been great.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Holbrook, Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have had bad experiences in the past with Best Western however this one has made me very happy, they were extremely friendly, helpful accommodating, and a great breakfast. It was quiet, clean and nicely decorated. You will be happy you stayed here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Alta, Utah
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Starting at the front desk we were warmly greeted and they got us registered promptly. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, quiet walls we never heard any other quest noise, breakfast had variety of things to eat and was kept stocked, grounds were neat and clean, and checkout friendly. Price was great. Pool clean and inviting. Wish there were more motels like this. There were three groups traveling together and we all felt the same about the quality of our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice accommodations, for the price. Clean, comfortable, and quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff. Continental breakfast was of good quality for the price. Close proximity to Painted Desert/Petrified Forest Nat'l Park. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travel around Arizona for business and have stayed at this motel more than a dozen times in the past few years. No, it's probably not going to satisfy you folks who enjoy the lavish lifestyle, but this motel is consistently clean and quiet, and the owner/manager is a wonderful fellow who is extremely pleasant and welcoming. I always look forward to staying here when I am in the Holbrook area of Arizona.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barry S
BWArizonian, Manager at Best Western Arizonian Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
The pleasure is all ours when you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to comment here and it means a lot to me and my staff. Your kind words will truly motivate them. From bottom of my heart, thank you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 928-524-2611.

Hope to see you soon.

Have a fabulous day!

2508 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025
BEST WESTERN Arizonian Inn
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2013

While on a driving tour of AZ, we found ourselves in front of a rare Arizona snowstorm. The forecasted conditions would heavily effect our driving route back to Phoenix the next day and we felt compelled to avoid the danger. We called the hotel by 4pm the day of our reservation to let them know we had to turn around or risk getting caught driving unprepared through the snow, possibly jeopardizing our flight out of PHX. The clerk was unconcerned about our predicament and cited a 24 hour cancellation policy. I asked for a Manager and got a promise of a return call which NEVER came. When I did speak with the Manager that evening, Yogesh "Yogi" Shukla, he said he needed to verify that our reservation was not "third party" before he could cancel without penalty (really???). I told him I booked the room at Best Western online, but he would NOT take my word for it. The next day he left a message with a different EXCUSE saying that we were charged for the room because "his computer wouldn't let him do the cancellation" (hmmm, sounds pretty sketchy). He would not take my calls thereafter.

It's one thing to enforce your policy, but to handle it this way was cowardly. Arizonian should be embarrassed about their lousy excuses and dodging our calls. Furthermore, charging for a service you did not provide is most deplorable. We were already very disappointed about changing our itinerary due to weather, and "Yogi" the Hardnosed Bear added insult to injury by not listening to or caring about his customer. He could have cancelled our reservation without incident, but he would not. He just wanted our money.

This hotel management made a bad call and gave the entire Best Western chain a black eye. The owners failed to respond to our correspondence. Our credit card company, however, agreed with our assessment and so did Best Western Corporate office, who apologized profusely.

We are regular Best Western customers but when we go back to Holbrook/Winslow we will NOT stay at the Arizonian. Sorry Yogi, but you really need a course in good customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple