“Painted Desert & Petrified Forest”

Best Western Arizonian Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Staff was very efficient at check-in and check-out. Accommodations were clean and adequate for our overnight stay. Denny's restaurant adjacent. Ask for discount if staying at this B/W. Reasonably priced for location. Gas stations nearby but not right on top of this location. Quiet location away from the City of Holbrook but within a couple miles of I-40 and the highway leading to the Petrified Forest. (Note: If you are planning a trip to the Petrified Forest, buy your souvenirs at the Fred Harvey store located inside the Park area and NOT at the stores just outside the Park. You'll find better prices at Fred Harvey and get more for your money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BWArizonian, Manager at Best Western Arizonian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure to have you at our property. We really appreciate your stay with us and thank you for the kind words. Thanks for noticing our clean, large rooms and thanks for the compliments to our breakfast attendant and the staff. They do work very hard to make sure that you have a great stay and an excellent breakfast with us. :)

Have a fabulous day!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Arizonian Inn

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would just like to compliment the manager and staff on a well run hotel. Our family have stayed in many hotels whilst on holiday in the USA but dollar for dollar this was the best we have had the good fortune to stay in clean well run and also a good free breakfast
The hotel is now one of my top 20 hotels that i have ever stayed in. if you need a good inexpensive hotel that's well run this is the one

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were on a business trip and stayed at three best westerns on the trip. This was the worst. Actually the worst BW we have ever stayed at. Interestingly enough. I read the other reviews and I have to agree with several of the lower ratings. I wanted this to be our new place to stay in Holbrook as we travel a lot. I don't know if I will stay here again, but if I did, it is a lesser of the evils type of thing since the choices are slim. I looked on the internet and found price. I happen to call and they quoted a very different price. I had read about this tactic and I double check the info with him and he said that he was giving me the best price and I must have seen something else. I said thanks and logged on to the website and saved several dollars. Just do your research if you want a low price because he wont tell you about them. So we check in and the front desk girl Tamara is great. The man seems friendly also. we go to our room and the sheets are covered (i mean covered the size of a baseball in tow spots) with what appeared to be blood. My wife tried to convince herself it was chocolate, but I think it was blood. I told Tamara and she was so apologetic. She jump up and change the sheets right then. They were very apologetic. The manager even said he was sorry the next morning when he saw me. I figure stuff happens and you can't catch everything. I then realized that our heater didn't work. No big deal since we like it cold at night, but for some a major thing. The shower faucet leaks constantly and the sink faucet was bad too (It is very had to turn off all the way). The room is ok but needs some maintenance. The outside is nice. We skipped breakfast so I cant rate it. I did get coffee and there was no creamer except powder packets. I don't say this very often, but I thought bed was uncomfortable. Drive to Winslow and stay at in incredible Best Western!

Room Tip: There is a Denny's that takes up most of the parking lot. Parking is at a premium some times. If...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here so that we could visit the painted desert and the petrified forest. The staff was outstanding. They called after we checked in to make sure everything was OK. They checked on us during the free breakfast, etc. The room was a little worn but extremely clean. There was a microwave and a refrig. It was very affordable and included a free breakfast. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. Our breakfast attendant does a wonderful job making sure that you had a great night and an excellent breakfast.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 928-524-2611. Hope to see you soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place is a little dated, but very reasoably priced. Upon arrival there was a water problem in the room which they were workinh on. It did get fixed with profuse apologies from the owner?/ manager. The room was spacious and comfortable -very clean. The breakfast was only fair, but I was able to overlook that given the extremely low price. Only caution might be that the rooms all open onto ouside corriders, not hallways. We prefer the interior halls, butagain, were OK w/ this.

Room Tip: choose room away from the road if possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 928-5242611.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very often I pass through this city and usually stay in down town hotels. This time thought of staying in Best Western at Navajo Blvd (next to Denny's restaurant).
Nice & clean hotel with friendly staff. Great breakfast. Now this has become favorite stay. Having Denny's restaurant very next, I don't have to go too far for dinner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travel_Freeeak

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Many of our guests do like that we are in the same parking lot as Denny’s. I am so glad that you like our friendliness. Our staff really strives harder every day to make sure that you are comfortable and happy with us.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Best Western Arizonian Inn was one of the best hotels we stayed in during our Spring Break. This is an independently owned hotel with a great staff. Our pet-friendly room had a microwave and a small refrigerator that helped us since we were traveling with two kids and one pet. Cleanliness in the hotel is truly great! The hotel also serves very good and fresh breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family