“Great Motel--Clean, well-kept, and new owners.”

Magnuson Hotel Adobe Holbrook
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from Phoenix (to Colorado). What a great find. The front desk person was very pleasant, our room was immaculate, the beds great, and the bathroom very clean. These are the clues to a well-run motel. New owners took this over, and it is a great find. The rates are also awesome, and they are dog friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2013

if you want a five star do bother but if you need a place to stay in Holbrook or surrounding area to see the sights it is a good place to get some sleep and at least a hot breakfast. it the standard chain type place. it was clean a quiet. i would stay there again if in the area as it is good jump point for the sites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aggietraveler1976
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after visting canyons and going back to Phoenix to catch a flight. The staff allowed us to see a room before commiting. A competitor down the road had not allowed us to view a room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was good. The staff was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dody N
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel was the second best Western that had no elevator and this was a bus tour of mainly Senior Citizens. We had stayed at a Best Western in Williams, Az and our group leader did call ahead to see if this was a problem at this hotel. They did tell her that they also, did not have an elevator but would try and put everyone on the first floor. There were some of us that had to stay on the second floor. This included my husband and I. Having been on a 10 day tour, we did have heavy luggage, which did cause some difficulties in transporting to the second floor. We then got to the second floor and our card did not work. Therefore, my husband returned to the desk to get new cards. That evening, when attempting to set the alarm, we could not see to do so, as the light fixture where you turn on the light was broken. We then called the desk for a wake up call to find that we had no service. They told us they were in the process of getting new phones, but I find that difficult to believe, as I see that others long before this stay also had no phone service. Some people had problems staying in a room that had recently been varnished and could not get another room and so had to sleep with their door partially open! How dangerous is this? Then another gentleman went to take his morning walk and realized that he had forgotten which room was his and went to the desk to get his room number and found out he wasn't even registered. The room itself, thankfully, was clean and roomy and the beds were comfortable. However, with all the other problems with this hotel, I doubt that I would recommend this to others until they "get thy S.... together! !
We stayed in one more Best Western in Moriarty, N.M. and I will say this was the "best" Best Western we stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherryl S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The best that can be said about this motel is that it's very basic. Neither the heat nor the phone was working when we were there, but it turned out that we didn't need either. There was no information in the room about the TV channel lineup, and we could have used more cups.

The desk staff was pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elect_tron
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, somewhat spacious. Quiet lower level no traffic noise. Had other guest with the key for our room actually come in while we wereinside. When I went to office to find out problem, they did not even know I was staying here for the night and had to show receipt.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank mrchase1
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I arrived I thought oh...The room looks nice. Well the elevation is 5,000+ feet high. That means it gets cold at
night! Well, I turned on heater (I thought) but I could not regulate the thermostat. IThe phone was "dead" so I called the office via my cell phone. I was told with a flat, uncaring attitude that there is only airconditioning. It is Sept 23, and it is chilly! I was told I could not even use the fan, since the airconditioner would be running! The sink is clogged also! What a total disappointment. It is now so stuffy with no air at all. This is also NOT a corporate operated Best Western. It is privately owned! I am very dissatisfied.

• Stayed: September 2012