“BBQ Competition”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Chandler, Arizona
“BBQ Competition”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Recently stayed to attend the 2nd annual Holbrook ace in the hole BBQ competition. I found the room to be clean, staff helpful and friendly. All in all a good stay for one night. Within walking distance to town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gloria M, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Adobe Holbrook, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff of the Best Western Adobe Inn, I would like to thank you for
allowing us the opportunity to host your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you and the "Ace in the Hole BBQ Competition" stay with us.
I look forward to working with you again in the near future when you are in need of our facilities.

Gloria Montoya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had recently stayed in a Best Western hotel that was rated higher than this one and was not impressed so I was not expecting too much. However, I was pleasantly surprised by a large, comfortable room with good amenities, a comfortable bed, quiet AC and a good supply of coffee. For me, those are the essentials for any good rating.

It is a motel style hotel so you get to park right outside your door (good) but they are often noisier than hotels with inside corridors. Adding to my concern was the frequent passage of freight trains, sounding their horn, about 100 yards behind the hotel. Luckily the room remained peaceful all night and I slept well. The trains didn't use their horn at night at the slight rumble did not disturb me in any way.

I headed out early so I did not sample the breakfast. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Born_Old
Thank You for your Wonderful Comments. I am glad you had a pleasant stay here at the Best Western Adobe Inn. We try in every way possible to offer you the finest in service. We look forward to your return.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Usually Best Western Inns seem overpriced to me, but not this one. The rooms were big and comfortable and quiet. The pool was small but nice for a quick morning or afternoon swim. The hotel is right across from Safeway, so if you don't want to eat out, you can get some microwaveable food and eat in your room (has fridge and microwave). The free breakfast and coffee in lobby will get you going in the morning and then you are only a short drive to Petrified Forest (recommended).

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sheilatrek
, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Adobe Holbrook, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Moore
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Friendly staff. Outdoor rooms. Good location. Good location between Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest. Did not use fitness center.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for writing your Pleasant comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had nice visit to the Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest. After all the walking you did at both locations, I would not be using the Fitness room myself. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the modernity ad cleanliness of the room. The service and breakfast were okay. Only note of caution is that you can kind of hear/feel the train go by. However, this is a very minor point. (At least in our room, the beds were very firm.) Great for the cost.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I might add that anywhere along "Old Route 66" expect to have trains nearby, as they had built Rt 66 along the railroad back then. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were in Holbrook on a Friday nite our first nite traveling on a harley through the desert on our way to Lake Havasu..this is a nice hotel with a nice pool..clean and well kept. There was a steakhouse down the block, so we did'nt have to get back on the bike to eat..we enjoyed this motel very much!

Room Tip: The place was really clean and suprise quite..right on route 66
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are glad your experience here at the Best Western Adobe Inn was a pleasant one. We hope your will come back and see u

Geneal Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Adobe was my last stop on a 3-day trip from Illinois to Arizona. The desk clerk was friendly and very helpful--I'd asked for a very quiet room on the lower floor so I could park right outside my door. When I realized she'd put me by a stairway, I asked to be moved and she helped me choose the room with the quietest outside area, as well as using her knowledge of which air conditioners were quietest to make sure I got a good night's sleep. I had a room closer to the office, and when I was outside I could hear the trains that went behind the other row of rooms, but I couldn't hear them at all from the inside of my room. I don't know if the other rooms were affected by them or not. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable enough, but the only chairs were at the dining table and were not meant to relax in. While an easy chair would have been nice, at least the chairs "fit" the table. (I stayed at one BW that had chairs that were meant to serve as both easy chairs and dining chairs and failed at both.) The dining table also had to serve as a desk. There were enough accessible wall outlets to take care of my chargers, and the fridge even had a freezer big enough to handle the blue ice for my travel cooler. The room also had a microwave and coffee maker. The restaurant next door is pretty much dinner only (maybe lunch) and is devoted to steaks and such. Their "swamp cooler" was on the fritz during my stay; so I ordered a burger to go (hotter inside than outside--and that's saying something for June!). I brought my own breakfast and didn't use any of the motel's facilities other than to get a good night's rest from long driving days. In that respect, it filled the bill.

Room Tip: It's a 2-story motel--get a ground floor room if you don't like stairs. Arrive at a reasonab...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Adobe Holbrook, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisors.
We consider dedicated and competent staff members as our most valuable
asset. She was pleased that you acknowledged her efforts. We have order new chairs
for our guest rooms. Please stop and visit us again.