“Train horns all night long”

Americas Best Value Inn Holbrook
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Mesa, Arizona
“Train horns all night long”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I booked based on the free breakfast reviews and knew the hotel would be rough. Rough is a compliment. I'll start with breakfast. Breakfast was fair to good. Not spectacular like others stated. Mine came with one piece of French toast two eggs and two sausage links, the only included drinks are coffee and water. The Room. The floor was dirty, I assume it was due to the gap under the door. But with the state of the carpet; cig burns, stains, and tears, I guess maybe they gave up on the floor. Hair was found on the sheets in places that made it look like someone slept there and they didn't change the sheets, they just made the bed. The same color and length hair was found in the bathroom. The shower, low shower head like usual, but the water was hot through my entire show. The trains were tough because as soon as you fall back asleep another one comes by. I travel for business and pick inexpensive hotels. I'm used to bare bones, but this was broken bones. If I was with my girlfriend I would've left and found another place; by myself, I was able to bear it but wouldn't choose to do it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a cheap older motel. It was clean enough. Nothing glaringly wrong. Don't expect the Ritz. It was a bed and bathroom. Just what I look for. Best thing is the free breakfast at Tom & Suzie's across the parking lot. Check them out a 4 star diner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a tuff one for me simply because I had left my Temperpedic pillow there and they kept it for me until we came back through and I picked it up, that was very nice and professional, as all of the staff seemed to be. Unfortunately the greatness of the people/staff is just about where the great ends.

It was Not very clean! You could see the dirt line on the floor around ALL of the furniture and we were afraid of walking on the floor barefoot. There were cigarette burns in the carpet in a supposed "non Smoking" room. Plus they had hand towel size towels that are rough and very thin. Also it says they are pet friendly but they upped our stay by $22 for having a pet and put us in this scuzzy room. So if none of this bothers you and you throw in the train horn go for it...

It was late and we were coming off the road other wise we may have asked for a refund, for sure I would not pick this place again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Holbrook hotels

Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I didn't like this motel at all. And I'm not a hard to please traveler. Comparing to the all properties where we stayed, this motel was the worst choice during our month roadtrip. Room for 4 people was very small, I'm happy we stayed here only for one night.
Free breakfast across the parking lot was...well, was free.
If you can, spend some extra bucks and pick something else for stay. You get here what you pay for.
There are a lot of good reviews, maybe we just got bad room and a bad chef in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Holbrook, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2014

location location location ! well lit large parking lot, clean with security cameras...rooms are clean and kept clean. Office management and staff are friendly, helpful, and family oriented. Affordable rates.
restaurants are close, and food is deliverable. i will be back.
reccommended for all.

Room Tip: i liked the room i had, had no interest in askn for different room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stopped here for a night, based on previous reviews. The hotel more than exceeded our expectations- it was clean, the parking lot was well-lit, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the restaraunt was clean and food delicious. We will most definitely stay here again, adn have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our stay this past summer at the America's Best Value Inn in Holbrook, AZ was very welcoming. The owner greeted us in the early evening, made a price for our stay we could not refuse and we stayed for one night as we were passing through the entire state of Arizona. WOW! Seven biomes in one beautiful state. The owner chatted with us for at least an hour to share our travels of the summer and all the places we had adventured to thus far. He felt we had covered a lot of terrain over the past two weeks in the state of Arizona. All in all, our stay was very nice, very clean rooms, large, comfortable, and the owner was very friendly and accommodating. Thank you for a quick stop over where we could rest, recoup, and venture on through a gorgeous state...The Prudhomme's from Louisiana :)

Room Tip: Any room will welcome your tired legs and body from the beautiful God made land of Holbrook. Enjoy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple