“We always stop here for sopapillas!”

El Rancho Restaurant & Motel
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Holbrook
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 20, 2014

On our last stop, we had just spent 11 days in New Mexico. And where were the best sopapillas? Here at the El Rancho in Arizona! My husband had a bowl of green chile and sopapillas (super tasty!) and I had the stuffed sopapilla, which I just love. It is filled with ground beef, onions, and beans, and smothered in cheese and sauce (I had the red, which was yummy, but think I'll do the green next time. Both are flavorful, but not hot). I posted a photo so you can see the deliciousness! Get a basket or two of sopapillas (2 per basket) at the end of your meal and they'll bring you a big squeeze bottle of honey to turn them into a delectable dessert.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Steakhouse with an average menu. Located on the outskirts of town, it isn't hard to find. My steak was OK but not really excellent. However, best in town,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have to tell you, this is by far the best place in town to eat breakfast. Why? They will talk to you, always smiling, and the coffee never stops. We like our coffee and after spending 2 weeks in Arizona, this is the only place that gave you all the coffee you want. Food is good too! Great service! Didn't stay at the hotel but if it is half as good as the restaurant it should be fine.

1  Thank rcrab
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food was nothing extraordinary, but okay. Good service and pleasant atmosphere. We ate there because it was within walking distance of our motel. I would, most likely, choose a different place to eat next time.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the best food in Holbrook. The Navajo taco is huge and delicious. The service was attentive and friendly. You simply have to stop here.

1  Thank Rick W