“Major Disappointment”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went to this restaurant based on other Tripadvisor reviews. What a disappointment. First off I asked for iced tea with lemon. Out of lemons. Next I ordered the chicken fried steak. Out of chicken fried steak.We both ordered fried chicken. Mine was just okay. My wife's came out with the chicken breast still frozen. The waitress was told but did nothing about it for about 5 minutes. Then she came back and asked if we wanted it redone. To add insult to injury nothing was deducted from the bill. Do yourself a favor and stay away!!

2  Thank Ed_Pepling

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Fine food, unparalleled in town. Good, local service. Fine ambiance. My enchilada was excellent. I'll go back....

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stumbled onto this restaurant while staying the night on Route 66 in Holbrook. The service was very good and the homemade Mexican fare was great! It turns out that this was a favorite stop for John Lassiter and the crew for the movie Cars, eating at this diner mutiple times while staying in town to research the movie. Both the building and the owners were models for parts of the movie. Overall we had great food and a great time learning about this classic diner on Route 66.

1  Thank schuggs
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I read all the good reviews and thought this would be perfect for a family dinner. Although everyone says it's great home cooked food, I thought it was average at best. I get that it's been around forever, but it literally looked as though it had never been cleaned. The original owners kids run the place and have great stories, there are pics on the wall drawn by John Lasseter, but I can't see how anyone would recommend eating here. Sorry to the owners, just being honest.

1  Thank hiddentwincities
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We found this on the internet when we knew we were going to pass thru town. Turns out it's a all homemade food...from scratch! and is really great food. Quick and exceedingly friendly service. Just a nice place to eat and meet. Try it!!!!