“Not the Ritz”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband says 4; I lean toward 2. Food was ok, but place did not look clean. My cheeseburger was ordinary frozen burger patty and the delux fries were frozen crinkle fries. The women's bathroom was downright scary. Years of dust on baseboards. One waitress to serve a full house. A testament to the influence of Trip Advisor that it was full!

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place. We stopped because a lot of bikers were here and wanted to see what was so special. We found great food, great atmosphere and top notch service. We will be sure to stop on next time we are in Holbrook.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

It is a must to have dinner here when staying in Holbrook.
The mexican food is delicious (just follow the recommendations of the waiter) - their service is exceptional at very good prices.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my first visit to Joe and Aggie's Cafe. I got their Navajo Taco which was very good. The fry bread was warm and delicious. The beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese were all very good and fresh. I would definitely get this again.

The salsa was okay, probably hot enough for most people but a little mild for me. I first thought the chips they gave me were the dregs at the bottom of the bag or whatever they are stored in. It turns out that they are just cut small. I decided this was actually a good thing because each one was bite-sized. It helps prevent the double-dip quandary with larger chips.

The place is old but looked fine considering its age. Don't expect anything fancy, it's just a cafe. Looks like they still use a black rotary phone behind the cash register. That's quaint.

The pricing seems fine, my Navajo Taco was just under $6 with tax. Overall, I think it was a great deal. I will visit again sometime.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Honest, inexpensive and fulfilling. The service was impeccable. The food was more then enough and very tasty. I'd recommend this place to anyone who visits or drives through Holbrook.