“Good”
Review of Days Inn Holbrook

Days Inn Holbrook
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Holbrook
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My stay in you motel was very pleasurable. It was quiet and very restful. The staff was very helpful and made our visit to Holbrook pleasurable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RONNIE S
DiHolbrook, Manager at Days Inn Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay at our location. Please stop by to see us again when you are in our area.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have stayed here before and were pleased with the service and our room. The mattress was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DONALD_K1012

We are happy that you returned to see us during your travels in our area. We invite you stop by to see us in any future travels.
Many of our guests enjoy our Simmons Pillowtop Beds and are able to get a good night rest.
Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Receptionist was very nice. TV's old, room needed paint and re- wallpapering, room smelled like bug spray upon arrival, carpet very old and dingy. Room was not worth the money. This motel needs major upgrades. We did not stay in any other Days Inn on our vacation due to this experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading our property. We have replaced all the beds with pillowtop mattresses and have upgraded the sink vanities. We have many more upgrades plans. Please stop by, during any future travels in our area and see the changes.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my second visit this year, and I plan on returning. The property is undergoing repairs, and I had an issue with water the first morning of my three-night stay, but management eventually handled the situation. In their defense, everyone else had checked out before the water was briefly turned off. The room was spotlessly clean and smelled fresh. The complimentary breakfast was adequate, with waffles, cereal, donuts, English muffins, bagels, juice and coffee. The location is good, with easy access to restaurants, stores and the interstate. The manager is on property, and she is polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators, so be sure to request one, if you need one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
DiHolbrook, Manager at Days Inn Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review. As you mentioned, we are doing a remodel of our property. When the project is finished, we hope our future and returning guest will feel more comfortable in our rooms. We welcome all new and returning guests traveling through northeast Arizona.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was heading across country, trying to keep to a tight budget. I'd been driving for about 14hrs when heavy thunderstorms hit me near the New Mexico border. They kept pounding me, lightning flashing every few seconds, until I was just so tired I couldn't take it anymore. I figured I'd try this Days Inn, even though I usually avoid DI's, since so many are junk.

I went in to negotiate the room rate, and it was too high for my budget. An older gentleman spoke up and told the clerk to give me the room for less. Still, that rate was a little more, so he dropped it for $44 total, which fit my needs. He gave me one of their partially remodeled rooms. It was clean, and had a new king bed. SO comfortable, especially after so many hours, and the last hour being pretty 'exciting' because of the rain. I collapsed into the bed and started to doze off when a huge clap of thunder boomed, and the A/C stopped. Power's out. Great. Luckily, it came back on in about 10 seconds, and stayed on.

The bed was great, slept like a baby. The room was clean (but tired), the bath was fine and water pressure good. I thought it was a great value, and probably a lifesaver considering how tired I was.

Breakfast was good, not crowded, and easy to work around.

This location is slowly getting upgraded, but their other property in town is getting it first. Would I stay again? Yes, mainly because of the kindness of the (who I found out later) manager's father in getting me a rate I could afford, and putting me in a better room (on the first floor too) so I could get the rest I needed. Their kindness will not be forgotten.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any remodeled rooms, or one with a new(er) bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Roadside_US
DiHolbrook, Manager at Days Inn Holbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. The monsoons can sometimes be hard on drivers traveling in the area. We try to accomodate our guests who are caught in the storms.
We are happy you enjoyed our room, got a good night rest and were able to enjoy our continentail "Daybreak Breakfast". We hope you will stop by to see us during any trips through our area.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff was really nice. The hotel setup is inconvenient if you have little kids (1,4,5 years old). They put us on the second floor and there are no elevators. The carpets were gross looking. Vacuumed but stained on the stairs. The bedroom looked clean except for the dead BUGS hanging around the wall by my door. The front desk sent the maid up to clean them and she did very quickly! That was the only place I found them because they were night bugs or something.

The sheets and the bed were clean, fridge ( only in some rooms) was great, and the AC unit was easy to use. But the roomed smelled funny.

They had a pool which was used. Very basic but got the job done. Kids loved it. And the spa surprisingly was very nice.

I don't blame them for being outdated since there are like 5 people who live in Holbrook and there were literally 5 cars at our hotel. I just don't know if I'd come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for stay with us in Holbrook, AZ. We hope you enjoyed your travels through north east Arizona. We strive to give our guest a clean comfortable room to get a good nights rest .
We are happy you and your family were able to enjoy the pool and spa.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

nice hotel clean rooms, parking right outside your door, the only down fall is the ice machine is not close to any of the rooms and the lower level one was broken when we were there so we had to walk further, but otherwise it was a great stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for you review of our location, Holbrook Days Inn. We are happy that your stay was pleasant experience. Our property has exterior entrances and we have placed our ice machines in the lobby area. Our winter can be very cold and the machines can not function properly in freezing weather.
Please feel free to contact us during any future travels in North east Arizona.