“It was fine”

Tom and Suzie's Diner
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Holbrook
Cuisines: American, International
Description: Come get your Kicks on RT.66! Listen to the Golden Oldies while you enjoy your meal.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Upon entering Holbrook our expectations for dining were low, this place definitely needs a decent restaurant. Tom and Suzie's meets the requirements of a good diner, more like what we would call in the UK, a cafe. The service was good and the food satisfied us without enthusing - I had the Mongolian beef on rice which was fine and my OH had fried chicken and baked potato. Good value, about as good as it gets in Holbrook sadly.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

close to motel, good food, nice surroundings, comfortable Thanx.. I'm finished - please accept comment or cancel!

1  Thank Jerry19442014
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Was here with my wife. She had BBQ-chicken, I tried some mongolian spicy meat dish. Was fabolous, very tasty. The food was pretty inexpensive, it was priced right for the accomodation in my opinion. The waiter was very pleasant, I would definately eat here again.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had dinner here one night and will never forget it. The special was beef stew for $5.99 and I have to say for the money it was one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant. It was an ample tasty portion with carrots, celery and chunks of good flavored beef. My wife had a Japaneese style noodle dish which was a sizable serving and also very good. The following morning we had the free breakfast that came with our motel night (right next to Tom and Suzie's) and the eggs and sausge I had were better than I expected for a free breakfast. This place reminds me of my youth and what diners used to be like. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

During our one-night stay in Holbrook, we decided to try Tom and Suzie’s. While not truly a retro diner, it did have that small town feeling. Many of the folks were obviously locals who knew each other. Some came in for an early dinner, others for a cup of coffee and some chit-chat.

The food was typical comfort food and not bad. I had an open faced roast beef sandwich and a mountain of mashed potatoes. Hubby had the trout. Both were a little north of okay.

The diner was nice and clean, and the waitresses were casual and friendly. They got the orders right and delivered them in an acceptable time. The price was definitely right, with the two of us dining for just over $20, including both entrees and drinks. Would definitely give this another go.