“Good restaurant..!”

Wayside Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Mexican and American Food located on Old Route 66 in Holbrook, AZ.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed in Holbrook about 5-6 times and each time I ate at different restaurants. I hoped to find one that I could say was the best in town... But not this time. The Wayside is a good restaurant, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. But the food was just pretty average. I got a plate that had a variety of mexican items and the food came out nice and hot. And when I left, I was satisfied but not overwhelmed. I noted that there is a charge for using debit/credit cards, and that always bothers me a bit. But the prices for the food were very reasonable, so what's another half dollar or so. Anyway, I might go back, but probably will continue to look around.

4  Thank IverJohnson

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great southwestern food at fantastic prices! They treated us like family!!! Thank you for a great meal at the end of a very long day.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ever take a chance on an unknown local restaurant and been delighted? That was our experience at Wayside Cafe!
While there is little outside to lure you in, and even inside it looks like "just another little restaurant", these give you no indication of what is in store.
Wendy warmly greeted us and patiently guided us through the menu. There are a variety of American burgers and sandwiches plus Mexican entrees and dinners. We got some of each. Prices are reasonable.
Highlights were the Navajo Fried Burger, bacon cheeseburger, Combination Plate, and Stuffed Sopapilla. Portions were generous - we had to get 3 take home boxes! Everyone in our party of 6 was pleased, some exceedingly so. Even the soft drinks tasted better than we are used to! (Wendy explained the Cokes are not watered down, and they clean the dispenser regularly.)
Wayside is on the western outskirts of Holbrook, near exit 285 off I-40. Décor is 70’s Southwest diner with some Route 66 included (W. Hopi Drive is Old Route 66). Everything is clean, even the restrooms. They do charge a $.75 fee for processing credit cards (they accept Visa and Master Card only), and Holbrook has a pretty steep sales tax.
We enthusiastically recommend Wayside; it is a truly pleasant memory of our Route 66 trip, and we expect it will be one of yours as well!

4  Thank Bill B
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Service was great... Food was good, prices were reasonable. We'd go back if we're ever in Holbrook again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

the food is great.ordered the navaho taco and damm i ate the whole thing.mmm good. and PeeWee the owner came over n we talked about everything under the son n shared pics n her daughter shared the resturant history.went to several places n everyone knows PeeWee. i felt like i was back in my own hometown. a must stop

1  Thank toast101