“No regrets, great experience.”
Review of Wigwam Motel

Wigwam Motel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Holbrook
Marengo, Illinois
“No regrets, great experience.”
Reviewed June 8, 2006

It's like stepping back in time. If this was how it was traveling down Route 66 fifty years ago, it must of been a fantastic time. The owner (John) kept telling us "We do things the old fashion way". There are no phones and no vending machines. It was like camping indoors. I would not hesitate to stay again next time we are in the area. Try it - you'll like it.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank sos78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Germany
Reviewed June 3, 2006

I read all the good reviews of the wigwam motel. so we cancelled our reservation at the america's best inn and changed to the wigwam. i sent them a request. they answered and sent me a confirmation, even with a check in password. then we arrived in may at the motel to check in. big problem! there was no reservation an they were sold out. when i aksed what to do now, they said we're sorry. no problem solving, nothing. mistakes can happen, but when somebody does not even try to solve a problem it makes me angry. it seems regardless to me. they offered me a free night next time when we will be in the area. thanx. in the last 7 years such a problem hadn't happened to us. i can't recommend such a blowzy handling with a confirmated reservation. check yours before you go there!!

Stayed May 2006
11 Thank sshsk
home
Reviewed May 8, 2006

I can only echo what everyone says about this place - it was great. Cozy & well decorated.
John, the owner gave us the entire history of the place and a tour of the museum. Make sure to stay here!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank tampabobl
Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2006

I stayed there just one night for my trip to the Petrified Forest NP. This motel is unique as other posting explained. I did not expect the motel is convenient, but there are some restaurants within the walking distance, and also Safeway just in front of the motel. My family, especially my daughter loved the place. Honestly speaking, the bed is more confortable than any other chain motel such as Days Inn. I strongly recommend this place for young family travelers.
No ice machines though the owner provided me ice with the "full service" manually. Great impression!!

• Stayed February 2006