Wigwam Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Holbrook
See available hotels
66 Motel(Holbrook)
Econo Lodge(Holbrook)
Sahara Inn(Holbrook)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsold carsclassic carsunique experiencetake picturesone nighttee peecozy conebucket listwig wamroute experiencefun place to stayroute historycool placemovie carssmall museumthe mother roadclassic route
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We did not tell our kids about this motel in advance. It is a throw back from the 50's/60's motel. Two comfortable beds, small bathroom and no internet/phone. Neat little motel on Route 66 with plenty of nostalgia - including several old cars in the parking lot and a little museum. Except for amenities, the stay was on par with most chain hotels (at literally half the price). Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AmosMerritt
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A friend, my Son, and I planned a Route 66 trip across Northern Arizona recently. We stayed two nights in Holbrook at the Wigwam Motel. It was a great experience from the moment we arrived!! At check-in, the person at the front desk was very nice. They also remembered my request for a specific location and I appreciated that! The wigwam was plenty big for three and clean enough. I was worried about the train noise before we got there, but you couldn't even hear it in the wigwam! I was so happy!! The kids and I played near the train tracks later that night and flattened pennies. It was fun! We did all 359 miles of Route 66 across AZ, and the Wigwam Motel was by far our favorite motel!!! Give it a try...

Room Tip: We chose wigwam #15. It's the same one that's in most of the pictures you see. It has the light blue '59 Chevy Impala parked in front! My Son loved it!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rocknrollchiro
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well- I was pretty scared by the area. But, it went well. If you were to ask me would I stay there again? I sou;d say no. But, it was an experience. You really get to see how run down the old Route 66 is unfortunately.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele M
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We decided to take the kids here after reading about it in a Route 66 book. They were completely stoked to see the crazy looking Wigwams and, although I was a little nervous about what we would find upon opening the door, was surprised at the cleanliness. It was reasonably priced and fairly comfortable. If you can get beyond the run down look of an old Route 66 town (it does look a little....well...concerning), then staying in a Wigwam is a fun and interesting piece of history that is definitely once in a lifetime-and better than trying to stay in the ones located near criminal infested San Bernardino. The staff was totally nice and welcoming, even considering that they were sold out for the night but people were still pulling in trying to stay. There is a neat little museum in the main office (which, by the way, is only open from 3-9pm) that has the history of the Wigwams, the owners, and the area and the old cars parked at the Wigwams as if they are staying is cool. If you are expecting some type of resort quality Wigwam on a highway of gold with perfect WiFi, you will be disappointed. But, our kids loved it and it put a smile on their face. Therefore, I loved it.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room-a train rolls through all night long, just like in My Cousin Vinny, blowing the horn and waking everyone! I don't know who that old coot running the train is, but I'd like to give him a good slap!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here the other night as part of our Route 66 road trip to the East Coast. We were really excited to stay here but, unfortunately, the poor customer service let the whole experience down. We have stayed in a number of Route 66 classic 'must-stays' and the one thing we have loved throughout the whole trip was the warm welcomes we received from the owners of these vintage hotels. However, when we pulled up to the Wigwam office, we saw a lady sitting in a chair texting. She acknowledged me as I walked inside but did not even look up until after I'd been standing at the counter and didn't begin a proper conversation until after she'd finished her text message. From then on, she barely smiled and didn't really make us feel welcome or excited to be staying at her property. She told us we could try logging on to the wifi but that it probably wouldn't work in our room and to try the lobby instead. She didn't give us the password so we had to come back later to ask for it. When we tried the wifi in the lobby, it didn't work there either. This was a pain because we needed to organise accommodation for the next few days of our trip. Also, just be warned, the taps in Room 8 are switched in the shower. My partner had the 'Hot' tap on for a few minutes waiting for it to warm up before we realised the two taps were swapped and we had to switch on the 'Cold' to actually get 'Hot'. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfy. Room cleanliness was fine. We know it's a vintage hotel and you tend to pay for the experience but for $67-odd dollars you'd expect a bit more than no wifi, a sparse room, minimal office opening hours and a less than welcoming reception.

Room Tip: Room 8 has switched 'Hot' and 'Cold' taps in the shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple