1,021 results
All reviewsold carsclassic carsunique experiencetake picturesone nighttee peecozy conewig wamroute experiencecool placeroute historybucket listfun place to staymovie carssmall museumrooms are smallclassic route
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the WigWam for the nostalgia....and we got it! Each room is a little wigwam. Not very big inside, but big enough. Clean, air conditioner worked well. No internet, no phone (not a problem). The only problem encountered was no plug for the hairdryer (no 3 prong outlets). No ice either. But we were thrilled to stay there! No tubs, only a shower, and not much shelf space. But none of that mattered! We stayed in a wigwam! Very cool.

Room Tip: Trains pass right by the back ones. I'd try to get one by the street, if available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Judy C
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My daughter and I were traveling the route, and stopped by here hoping they had a room. At first they said they were booked, and being that they only have 13 rooms that was expected. We decided to take a look around and take pictures of the old cars and wigwams. We were just about to leave when the front desk lady came up to us and asked if we were still interested in the room because they had a cancellation. Of course we took it! The room was clean, bed comfortable, and seemed pretty private. We turned the air on and it was a little loud, but that was ok for us. I know other reviewers were mentioning trains passing, and yes the wigwams are ALL next to the train tracks which run all night. We didn't really notice the noise at all, at one point we turned everything off (AC included) to see how it sounded, and I barely noticed it. Maybe the other reviewers are light sleepers? With the AC on we didn't hear anything. (We were in Wigwam 3) The shower is pretty small, but that is to be expected when you are working with a small space. The curtains are a little thin so we were woken quite early, but we hung our beach towels over them and went back to sleep. Loved this motel, for the nostalgia and the little town. Would absolutely stay here again. Reservations are a must though as 13 rooms get filled up quickly!

Room Tip: Make a reservation!!! If you're an early riser the light from the curtains won't be a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel66More
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here not expecting much (especially given such a low cost), but I wanted to experience at least one iconic Route 66 hotels. I've got to say, this place was better than I expected. The kitschy-ness was wonderful--I got a lot of great photos, and it was fun to talk to other travelers and to watch as people stopped to get their photos of the wigwams.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and I was suprised how cool the rooms stayed during the heat of the day. I used my A/C some, but it really wasn't needed.

The family who runs the place is very friendly and helpful--you couldn't ask for better service (no, they don't open until 3pm, but that wasn't an issue).

The only downsides were that the showerhead is very low and the windows are very low so that if you want to let some sunlight in, you feel like you have no privacy. However, I accept this as a minor inconvenince inherent with the unusual design of the rooms.

They take dogs, and my dog felt right at home there (we stayed 2 nights).

There are some great restaurants and gift shops within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank marble09
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Driving across country, my 2 young boys and I loved this place! We were not far from Petrified National Park (great place!) and enjoyed the whole unique feel of the wigwam. The inside was very basic, but everything worked fine. The beds were comfy, the room was clean, the TV and A/C worked. The lady in the office was nice. You simply must "do" this Rte 66 attraction. It will always be a fun memory to share. Price very reasonable, too.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adventurefish
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed at the Wigwam motel in Holbrook for one night. A few things to note. Inside the wigwam the ceiling is flat. I was hoping it came up high and to a point so I was disappointed. The paint on most of the wigwams are peeling of. They should keep them in better shape. Be careful in the parking lot. My husband was approached by two beggars in two different situations. Thankfully they didn't rob us. The second beggar was with two other men so it was a little troubling. Check out Joe and Aggie's diner close by. The burgers are pretty good.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family