1,021 results
All reviewsold carsclassic carsunique experiencetake picturesone nighttee peecozy conewig wamroute experiencecool placeroute historybucket listfun place to staymovie carssmall museumrooms are smallclassic route
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here not expecting much (especially given such a low cost), but I wanted to experience at least one iconic Route 66 hotels. I've got to say, this place was better than I expected. The kitschy-ness was wonderful--I got a lot of great photos, and it was fun to talk to other travelers and to watch as people stopped to get their photos of the wigwams.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and I was suprised how cool the rooms stayed during the heat of the day. I used my A/C some, but it really wasn't needed.

The family who runs the place is very friendly and helpful--you couldn't ask for better service (no, they don't open until 3pm, but that wasn't an issue).

The only downsides were that the showerhead is very low and the windows are very low so that if you want to let some sunlight in, you feel like you have no privacy. However, I accept this as a minor inconvenince inherent with the unusual design of the rooms.

They take dogs, and my dog felt right at home there (we stayed 2 nights).

There are some great restaurants and gift shops within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank marble09
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Driving across country, my 2 young boys and I loved this place! We were not far from Petrified National Park (great place!) and enjoyed the whole unique feel of the wigwam. The inside was very basic, but everything worked fine. The beds were comfy, the room was clean, the TV and A/C worked. The lady in the office was nice. You simply must "do" this Rte 66 attraction. It will always be a fun memory to share. Price very reasonable, too.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adventurefish
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed at the Wigwam motel in Holbrook for one night. A few things to note. Inside the wigwam the ceiling is flat. I was hoping it came up high and to a point so I was disappointed. The paint on most of the wigwams are peeling of. They should keep them in better shape. Be careful in the parking lot. My husband was approached by two beggars in two different situations. Thankfully they didn't rob us. The second beggar was with two other men so it was a little troubling. Check out Joe and Aggie's diner close by. The burgers are pretty good.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We've been staying at the Wigwam Village #6 for over 11 years, and every time we arrive the Lewises make us feel like we're one of the family. The wigwams are in excellent condition, with all the necessary amenities (no in-room phone or internet, but we manage fine). The trains that provide that gentle vibro-massage aren't a problem, as you can't really hear them inside the tepees. And you get to meet folks from all over the globe, too. Do recommend reserving early from March thru October, though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RCMoeur
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our tepee was very basic and there isn't a lot of room inside, 4 people max. Two beds with clean linens, sparse furniture, and a tiny bathroom. The mirror is hung on an angle and the shower is slanted but that all added to the charm of staying on Route 66. The owners are very friendly and they will make arrangements for late arrivals There is a grocery store practically across the street. The train does run by the backside of the property and we felt the shaking but the AC wall units provided enough hum so the train noise did not disturb us. My 5 star rating is not based upon amenities, it is based upon the unique experience we had staying here. If you are looking for the typical chain hotel experience-keep looking. If you want the nostalgic Route 66 Mom and Pop experience, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family