“Stay at Happy Jack Lodge”

Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Happy Jack
Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
“Stay at Happy Jack Lodge”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have stayed at Happy Jack Lodge for a number of years. We have a 40' motor home and plenty of space fore motor home, tow car and camp fire. Its a great place to bring folks to stay in one of the cabins. Beautiful country and lots to do around there. The employees at Happy Jack have always gone out of there way to take care of you and make your stay a great memory.

Mick

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mick D
HappyJackLodge-Jan, Public Relations Manager at Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Mick, thanks so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience over the years at Happy Jack Lodge & RV. It's folks like you that make our park what it is. We will miss seeing you this year, but we look forward to your return next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a property that has a lot to say in its favor. It's well located in northeastern Arizona, has a decent restaurant (although with a limited menu), and is generally well maintained and attractive. The staff are polite and helpful. However, my cabin had a significant issue - while relaxing and watching some TV before bedtime, a bedbug crawled up onto the pillow. Given the lack of a 24-hour staff, I ended up sleeping across a couple of dining chairs, using the towels as bedclothes. When I reported the problem the next morning, the response was (at least) underwhelming - no sympathy, no apology, and barely an acknowledgement of my concern. Not one word that made me feel I was a valued customer.

Any property can have this problem (or others) - how they respond is their real measure. In this, the Lodge did NOT measure up to my expectations, and I can't recommend them.

Room Tip: Bring an RV or tent - the cabins are pricey and potentially a problem.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SleipnirsRider
HappyJackLodge-Jan, Public Relations Manager at Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
SleipnirsRider, thank you for your kind comments regarding our facilities and our staff. We are so sorry that you felt your cabin had a bug issue. Please know that we had all cabins serviced and inspected in March by a professional exterminator and "bug doctor." At that time, no bed bugs were found. After receiving your complaint, we scheduled an additional inspection of our cabins, and the exterminator found nothing of concern.

We intermittently have "hatches" of various insects on the property because of our location in the deep forest. At the time you were here, there was a cedar gnat hatch that was blown in from the south.

Thank you so much for calling this situation to our attention. Because of the concerns you expressed, we scheduled the additional inspection and can feel confident that our guests will not have the same concern you did. We hope you'll come visit us again soon!

Regards,
Jan James
Happy Jack Lodge
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We rented a RV space for one month last summer. We loved the park, the caretakers, and our neighbors. We are now renting a RV space for 4 months this summer. There is so much to do in this area that can be done through day trips. In addition, it is 20 degrees cooler than the Phoenix area!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki S
Vicki S, we’re so glad that your stay last summer was such a great one that you’ve become a part of our Happy Jack Lodge “family” this summer! Thank you for your appreciation of our park , our people, and the surrounding area. We hope that your stay with us this year exceeds all your expectations!
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our second stay at the RV Park and we've had zero issues with them. Love the area and we didn't have any issues with the site where we stayed. It's nice, too, to be able to connect right to the sewer vs having a dump station.

We stayed this past time for our son's elk hunt and the front desk guy (owner) was very helpful in giving us tips for where to go and also info on motorcycle routes. Daughter and I used the loft area to access the wireless, as well. It's a very nice, quiet space up there to get studying done.

Considering where this RV park is located, we found the store prices to be very reasonable.

We'll go back, for sure.

Room Tip: There are some pull through RV spots, such as spots 1-7, at least.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kcbsmommy
kcbsmommy, thank you so much for your terrific comments about Happy Jack Lodge & RV! We hope that you make us a regular stop in your vacation plans.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Beautiful place...nice and clean...however, when you rent the pavilian be ware that there are no electric outlets and no lighting...hope your party is over early. When they quote the price for this real estate remember you are only renting it for the day!

NO REFUNDS, NO EXCUSES, NO EXCEPTIONS!! When you schedule your stay well in advance be sure everything for your trip is carved in stone as refunds are not available.
Also, FIVE DOLLARS for an EIGHT MINUTE SHOWER! (Yes, really! And that is per person)

When making my reservation I asked if there was a swimming pool. The response was, "No, we are in the mountains with trees everywhere." WRONG...out of the many pull through sites there were only about two with any trees. Take an airconditioner.

Also, if you are dry camping, you might as well park for free somewhere else as all the cost includes is a place to park. No water, no outhouse access.

I could go on....

Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy H
Wendy, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We're so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that you didn't not agree with some of our policies. I'm a bit surprised about your dispute that there are not "trees everywhere." Yes, we have cleared a small percentage of our acreage to provide easy access for the hundreds of RVs that visit us each year. But the rest of our property and the surrounding national forest is thick with trees! Thanks again for your feedback.
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful place, I was married at the happy jack lodge may 19, 2012. It was absolulty amazing. They worked with us, and were so great with all the family coming into town. I would recommend this place as a great weekend get away. If you're upset about the lack of wifi , why are you in the woods anyways? :)

• Stayed May 2012
sockelwife, your review made me chuckle! I'm a new addition to the Happy Jack Lodge & RV staff, so I didn't know about your wedding on our property last year. I'm so glad that everything went well and that you have fond memories of the experience! I know I'm a few days late on this, but HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We hope you'll come back and visit us soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We passed by the Happy Jack Lodge and since we had been on the road for a while stopped to get the kids a treat. The campground is beautiful, and the store was very clean and well presented. When you stop at the only store around for miles you expect prices to be high - supply and demand rules right, any camper knows this. That's no problem, totally expected, except they don't post prices on ANY of their merchandise. Not their drinks, candy, food, clothing, nothing. Not one pricetage to be found in the whole store. We got what we needed and went to the cashier. The total came to about what I expected based on the premium prices I knew we'd pay. Later, when I looked at my receipt, I realized we'd paid $1.99 for a Ring Pop... (for non parents, that is a quarter to fifty cent item at best) Laughable, yes, outrageous, yes, but... The craziest thing is the lack of prices on anything. Would I have purchased the silly ring pop had I known the price, most likely, am I any worse off for my $2.00, certainly not... But not posting your prices is very very bad business practice. (oh, and you don't even want to know what they wanted to charge to fill our 64 ounce cup with ice water from their soda fountain)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Camps4Fun
Camps4Fun, thanks so much for your feedback. Not all of the items in our convenient general store have prices on them, but our desk staff is happy to scan any item to provide pricing to our guests. Because we sell hundreds of items in the general store, with some items sold piecemeal, we have found the barcoding our merchandise to be the best way to manage pricing for us and our customers. We appreciate your comments.

Been to Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park? Share your experiences!