“Awesome!”

Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Happy Jack
Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful place, I was married at the happy jack lodge may 19, 2012. It was absolulty amazing. They worked with us, and were so great with all the family coming into town. I would recommend this place as a great weekend get away. If you're upset about the lack of wifi , why are you in the woods anyways? :)

• Stayed: May 2012
HappyJackLodge-Jan, Public Relations Manager at Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

sockelwife, your review made me chuckle! I'm a new addition to the Happy Jack Lodge & RV staff, so I didn't know about your wedding on our property last year. I'm so glad that everything went well and that you have fond memories of the experience! I know I'm a few days late on this, but HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We hope you'll come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We passed by the Happy Jack Lodge and since we had been on the road for a while stopped to get the kids a treat. The campground is beautiful, and the store was very clean and well presented. When you stop at the only store around for miles you expect prices to be high - supply and demand rules right, any camper knows this. That's no problem, totally expected, except they don't post prices on ANY of their merchandise. Not their drinks, candy, food, clothing, nothing. Not one pricetage to be found in the whole store. We got what we needed and went to the cashier. The total came to about what I expected based on the premium prices I knew we'd pay. Later, when I looked at my receipt, I realized we'd paid $1.99 for a Ring Pop... (for non parents, that is a quarter to fifty cent item at best) Laughable, yes, outrageous, yes, but... The craziest thing is the lack of prices on anything. Would I have purchased the silly ring pop had I known the price, most likely, am I any worse off for my $2.00, certainly not... But not posting your prices is very very bad business practice. (oh, and you don't even want to know what they wanted to charge to fill our 64 ounce cup with ice water from their soda fountain)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Camps4Fun

Camps4Fun, thanks so much for your feedback. Not all of the items in our convenient general store have prices on them, but our desk staff is happy to scan any item to provide pricing to our guests. Because we sell hundreds of items in the general store, with some items sold piecemeal, we have found the barcoding our merchandise to be the best way to manage pricing for us and our customers. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were staying here for a family reunion, and while the place was fine and we had a lot of fun in the lodge itself with the pool table, shuffleboard, listening to the live music weekend nights, and using the covered picnic area and deck between the rooms, there were some problems. The food service was VERY slow, though it was their first weekend open so they might get faster with time. The desk staff need a system in place so that each staff person can find reservations quickly and easily and record what has been paid or not - this was probably made worse for us since we had one person do several bookings, and because the place had changed hands recently. Hopefully this too will improve with time. The bed we slept on was fine and there was a little rollout bed in another room with twin beds so each of our 3 kids could have a bed too. It was hard to figure out how to get the channels on the TV working, and Wi-Fi was only available at the lodge, though they don't have a lot of bandwidth, so ask that you don't do heavy downloads, but that is to be expected in a location such as this. With one exception, the staff were friendly and helpful. Expect lots of dust due to the wind blowing it around, but it gets cleaned up each day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Maclibrarian

Maclibrarian, thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us at Happy Jack Lodge & RV. We also appreciate your feedback on ways that we can improve. It sounds as if your family reunion was scheduled at the beginning of our season, and it's certainly true that ramping up to service the hundreds of guests we have each weekend through the summer is a process. We have a new chef/manager of our restaurant this year, and we hope that you'll come back and dine with us. You're right that wifi reception is limited on our property, but we're proud of the fact that our guests are able to get some cell phone and wifi reception because of the Verizon tower located on our property! Thanks for your kind comments, too, about our staff. We think they're pretty special!

Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I, along with our 15 & 16 year old boys truly enjoyed our cabin at Happy Jack Lodge. We would recomend Room D3 to anyone. My husband and I had a room to ourselves and the boys each had their own beds. We also had a sofa, fire place, tv, fridge and microwave. You also get free wi-fi. The place was very clean. There are fire pits that you can use out side and BBQ's too. They have bicycles and quads for rent. We just had such a great time we didn't want to leave. We'll be back! Thanks Happy Jack Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

WeBeGoing, what a delight it was to read your review about your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2009

We had a reservation for one week for $200.00 charged to my Visa in advance. When we arrived at the campground there was someone else camped in our spot so we had to wait an hour to pull the 5th wheel into the camp spot #28. We have been camping for a number of years (25+) & found this pull thru spot to be totally unacceptable due to being totally unlevel, the sewer hose wouldn't reach, the cell phone with Verizon service won't work in that area. They said they offered us another spot but that was a lie, they told us when we pulled in that was the only spot left. We went back down to the office to ask for a refund & a lady told us the manager would look into it the next day. We called 3 days later to ask where our refund was & a person by the name of CC said we would have to talk with a man by the name of Terrance & if he said ok then he would credit my Visa. Well Terrance wouldn't talk with either of us & keeps hanging up on us & now he sees the cell phone number & won't answer the call. CC now says that there will NOT be a refund. The spot was rerented because we went by 2 days later & took a picture. I have now taken it up with Visa & will if necessary take these people to small claims court. The park is not what we would call very desirable,hope you read this first.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank beaderArizona
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We had planned a long weekend here with our daughter and grandchildren. We were scheduled to arrive on Fri. of Labor Day weekend. About an hour from home, our RV broke down. It was overheating. We eventually limped home, stopping every few miles to let it cool down and then add water. I called as soon as we arrived home to let them know we wouldn't be there that night. The lady I spoke to was very nice and understanding. I was offered a chance to make another reservation and the money already paid would be applied to it. I couldn't plan ahead at the moment, but they would allow us to call at a later date. The site would be opened up to another camper. After about 10 minutes, my husband said if we could get the radiator repaired in the morning, we could still make it. I called back and asked them to keep the spot open. We were hoping to still be able to salvage part of the weekend. This time I spoke to a man who was also very pleasant. The next day it became obvious it wouldn't be fixed in time for us to go at all this weekend. Around noon I called again and told them. This time their attitude was very different. When I asked if there was any possibility of getting even a partial refund, they rudely told me I gave up the offer when it was offered to me. I did, but I wanted so much to be able to still go that I held on to the hope that we would. Our grandchildren were so disappointed that we still hoped we could make the trip. The site was paid for when the reservation was made, a requirement of the RV park. I understood, but was shocked at the change in attitude. I don't know if they rented the space to another camper, but being a holiday weekend I suspect they may have. We live on a fixed income as my husband and I are both retired, we can't just throw money away. I understand paying for Fri. night as we never showed up. I would never again pay in advance because one never knows when an emergency will arise. My entire family had been looking forward to this weekend and we were all very disappointed.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank bjbears
Reviewed April 14, 2009

A sign by the king size bed says "Fire Hazard. Keep blankets away fro the heater." The base board heater is four inches from the bed. That does not make for a good nights sleep. The mattress has a plastic cover. Consequently, on the first turn the "fitted" bottom sheet comes loose. The headboard is built to the floor. The lampcord behind the headboard was unplugged. There was no way to plug it in. The toilet ran constantly even after effots to fix it. Turning off the water was the only option. Satellite TV had not been turned on. The sink was in danger of detaching from the wall. The was no stopper in the sink. I lost an electric toothbrush head. There was a samll kitchenette with a table and only one chair. The outside paint was peeling, the roads were in disrepair and the deck needed staining. The restaurant was not open. Perhaps most shocking was that the off season rate was $105. The room was newly painted and carpeted. No drapes up yet.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Resque

Been to Happy Jack Lodge & RV Park? Share your experiences!