“Wonderful hospitality”

The Greer Peaks Lodge
Ranked #3 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Greer
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We had a wonderful stay at The Peaks. The owners were so kind and accomodating. On our first night there was a very minor problem with our room, and they immediately upgraded us to a larger room at no extra cost for our entire stay. The restaurant at the lodge had very good food. Our kids enjoyed the game room and the always-available hot chocolate in the lobby, and we enjoyed the free wireless service, the massage, and the friendly staff. The setting at the end of the road in Greer was great- we had a beautiful hike right from the back of the lodge, and great fishing was only a few minutes away. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Arizonaprof

Reviewed July 13, 2007

The property in general was nice. We stayed in a cabin. The wonderful view we were told about was of the parking lot. We did enjoy the porch of the cabin regardless of watching everyone coming and going and be watched. The cabin had two bedrooms. One was fine and the other the bedding had not been changed. It happens. I can get over alot but the bathroom was nasty. The shower doors need to be replaced, not cleaned, replaced. The sink needed to be replaced. I wouldn't touch the faucet with my hands. Since it was the 4th and everyone was booked, we were stuck. For paying $500 for two nights I left feeling cheated. I would not go back or recommend this place to anyone. Even after the cleaning staff had made a visit, the shower still had a dirty wash cloth in it that was from the prior visitors. We did have a relaxing dinner at the Greer Lodge and watched the deer from the back patio for two hours, that was worth every penny and the five hour drive from Phoenix.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank roadtripper28
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this inn. The different types of rooms made it easy to pick one that was perfect for us, the views are outstanding, the staff is courteous and friendly, the food is excellent, and there is easy access to complementary telephone and internet service. The prices are very reasonable for Greer, which we think is the best place to stay in the White Mountains. Having the restaurant and a bar onsite is so convenient, as are the complimentary hot drinks in the lobby (which is very comfortable with its huge fireplace and comfortable couches, chairs and tables). It was great.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank alynnez
Reviewed January 21, 2006

We Stayed At The Peaks From 1/17 to 1/19 and I must say that we all felt so relaxed after this trip. I travel alot and I have never felt so relaxed coming home. There are plenty of cabins and much larger ones to stay in at the White Mountains in Greer. However, you will not find the amenities, friendliness, relaxing and cozy atmosphere that you will find at the Peaks.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are already making plans to go back next month and stay an extra day or so. We love the peaks and will be coming back for years to come !!!

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank VegasLover28
Reviewed August 29, 2005

My oldest childhood girlfriend just got married (August 20th 20, 2005) and the wedding was held at tThe Amberian Peaks in Greer Arizona. I was impressed with eveything about the lodge not the least of which, was the graciousness of the hosts/owners, Don and Ann Poyas. Debby and I arrived early (I was the bridesmaid) and Ann was ready for us! She walked us through the place, offered suggestions about how to do the ceremony and, stayed with us as we muddled through what we needed to do. The bride and groom spent the night in the honeymoon sweet, naturally. The room was huge, with a king size bed that faced a beautiful stone fireplace. Soft couches and chairs made it easy for us to spread out and prepare. Ann brought Debby the loveliest "headress/vail" put together by the chef and her staff. I unpacked in my room (I asked to switch to be closer to Debby.....no problem) and realized that all the rooms had small refridgerators, TV, great views, and spotlessly clean bathrooms. I loved how the towels were folded and the personal pieces of artwork on the walls that Ann and Don have collected over the years. No worry here about guests ripping them off. The staff were professional and I got the good vibe of knowing Ann and Don had created a sense of community. maybe that can explain why I felt like a guest in one of my a realtive's home. Lucky for us, one of the staff played the guitar and the ceremony went off without a hitch. After cocktails, we dined on one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Sprinkled over the tables were homemade shortbread cookies in the shape of hearts, all different sizes, with rose petals and ribbons miggled within. Ann hovered about, making sure every detail was attended to; I think her staff made her proud. Just as an aside, there were actually fresh baked cookies and other delacacies everywhere, at all times of the day. The main lodge felt spacious yet cozy. In addition to the dining area and main livng room, there were other areas where you could relax, have a beverages, cookies (free) and use of the internet. Granted, after leaving my home town Charleston South Carolina, where the heat index has daily been 116 degree's for the last three months, being in the White Mountains was as close to heaven I could imagine. If you are looking for a place to get away from the heat, good food (the chef comes out and asks for feedback), in the mountains, attentive hosts and a all around feeling being pampered, run to reserve a spot at "The Peaks". I know I'm coming back to check out the skiing, (a fifteen minute drive away) and hope to visit again next summer to take another fly fishing lesson! I wish I had photo's to add but check out their web site for more information.

6  Thank rubyjules
Reviewed March 22, 2005

We stayed at The Peaks at Greer for three nights during the late ski season in early March. At the end of the road in tiny, quiet, quaint Greer, it is a wonderful spot to use as a base in the Arizona White Mountains, or for doing nothing but relaxing.

Don & Ann Poyas have added a lot to this establishment in the less than a year time period which they have owned The Peaks. They offer a nice variety of large rooms and suites, all with free wireless internet, satellite TV, and in some cases, fireplaces and refrigerators. Two, stand alone cabins are also available for rent, which would be ideal for families.

The lodge itself has two hot tubs, a sauna, a small fitness room, and a beautiful lobby with a large fireplace and big screen television. They offer an excellent continental breakfast which could easily serve as lunch and dinner. Depending upon the season, their restaurant is open most nights for dinner, and is of gourmet quality, thanks to a creative young chef.

From Greer, short trips in either direction offer the Sunrise ski area, the Hon-Dah Casino, numerous parks and lakes, as well as the nearby mountain towns of Pinetop-Lakeside, Show Low, Springerville, and Eagar.

The Poyas themselves are gracious, interesting people who have had intriguing lives. They are personally involved in all aspect of managing The Peaks, and live on-site.

We definitely plan to go back to The Peaks, and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank buyeraz
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson,AZ
Reviewed January 30, 2005

My Boyfriend and I frequent the White Mountians year round. We having been vacationing here for over 10 years and have stayed in many lodges and hotels, we found The Peaks to be the best yet! We were greeted by a friendly staff, a warm fire, and homemade cookies.
Our room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the ammenities of the Honeymoon Suite which included a jacuzzi tub, fireplace and amazing views of the valley below.
After a day of skiing, the sauna and spa were a relaxing way to end the day. We were happy to know that the spas were off limits to children, making them a clean and quiet place to hang out.
The restaurant was by far the best food we have had in all of the White Mountains. The breakfast was unlike most continental breakfasts. The food was hot, fresh and there was lots of it. The dinner's were excellent too. Make sure to try the beef tenderloin!!
My only complaint about this place would be that we did not have enough time. We will definately be staying at The Peaks on our next trip to the White Mountains.

Thank you to the owners and staff for making this a great place to
stay.