“Awesome family experience with the best dinner food in town!”

The Greer Peaks Lodge
Ranked #3 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Greer
“Awesome family experience with the best dinner food in town!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Five star all the way! Best dinner EVER! Must try Infamous Calamari! We will go back ASAP! Big rooms with all amenities our family needed. It was our first time and loved ALL 4 nights & glorious fall days:) On hill with great views, too!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank PermeliaLucia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are doing a review of the "GREER PEAKS RESORT" which tripadvisor has not changed from Amberian peaks lodge yet.

We stopped by the Peaks looking for a place to stay for the night (not having a reservation in August), we met Robbie at the front desk, he was very friendly and professional. We were told to go on up and check out our room and look over the facilities after a few minutes, we were sold! this place is very nice. The views are beautiful, people friendly and the restaurant is top notch.
We asked Robbie if we could use the hot tub after dinner, he said it wasn't on but he would turn it on for us and it would be ready when we wanted. He also added some lavendar to the water , he didnt have to do it but he did....its the small things that can enhance the experience.
My wife and I will definately stay at the Peaks again, we already told our friends about this place.

Room Tip: we only looked at one room and it met our needs. the sheet count was high and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun lakes
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We purchased this pkg on living social. We were greeted as family. The hosts Wendy and Robbie toured us around the facility, they made sure the hot tub was opened and ready for us at night. Our wine and appetizers were delicious. We also had dinner, which was outstanding. Although short staffed, Wendy made sure everything we needed was given as soon as possible. We fully intend to return there again. We hiked the local trails, walked along the Little Colorado River and enjoyed the warmth and nature. The aspen trees were beginning to change color giving us lots of nature photos. This is a place to relax..no worries, patience in hand. Everything will be alright in the end.

Room Tip: Ask about anniversary suite, it is just beautiful. The lodge pole furniture and in room freplace and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I "WON" in a silent auction a 2 night stay at the recently sold Peaks in Greer. When I called for reservation I was offerred one of there "Cabins". The new owners were so rude at checkin that I almost left then, but I paid $250 at the auction and had invited another couple up for the trip. The "Cabin #2" is nothing but a tackily decorated cramped brick building that didn't even have room or furniture to seat 4 people. The bed rooms were small with old uncomfortable beds and the whole place had an odor of death like something crawled under and died. The oven did not work and the heater sounded like a jakebreak. We were so concerned we looked for the fire extinguisher and found one that was in the Red Zone with a five year old inspection sticker. The worst thing is on checking out I asked if he wanted a list of all the problems as he stated he had just purchased the place and I figured maybe he didn't know all the problems. He said NO, he knew the problems. When I asked how he could rent the place like that not being concerned about someones safety, he shrugged and said "You stayed there 2 nights didn't you?

2 Thank Joy R
KayZahn-GreerAz, Owner at The Greer Peaks Lodge, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
This September 2012 period was indeed a difficult one for guests. The owner at the time (not me) was trying to sell the business (and he had only owned it for 9 months anyway) the employees were complacent in their EVERY duty, and no one was in charge.

I was in the middle of due diligence at the time, and knew I would be able to do better. We took over on October 1st and many things have changed. I welcome you (and any other Living Social customer) back at the same rate (whatever you paid for the LS deal) and I will up grade your room upon booking.

Contact us at: 928-735-9977 and tell them Kay told you to come back.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We purchased a two night stay from Living Social. The special was for a Sunday through Tuesday stay. We got there at dinner time and were told the restaurant was not open on Sunday or Monday. We were supposed to get a free appetizer and were told we could have it on Monday. We left the lodge on Monday and returned at 5:00 PM. We soon realized that we were the only two people in the lodge. Literally. We were alone the entire night. We never received our appetizer. We couldn't even buy a drink from the bar. We were also supposed to stay in one of the nicer rooms as part of our special. We were put into a very small room. We were very disappointed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alexis R
This September 2012 period was indeed a difficult one for guests. The owner at the time (not me) was trying to sell the business, the employees were complacent in their EVERY duty, and no one was in charge.

Contact us at: 928-735-9977 and tell them Kay told you to come back. You must be IN our system, with your previous purchase and have stayed at least once at the lodge using this promotion.
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2012

It appears as though Amberian Peaks Lodge and Restaurant has changed their name to Greer Peaks Resort and Cabins located at One Main St, Greer, AZ. Most of the signs we saw just said "The Peaks". In any event....

My wife and I had dinner with a couple of friends at "The Peaks" and our meal and service was absolutely the best I have had in a very long time! We started out with lamb chop "Popsicles', which I thought were perfectly cooked with a great sear, properly rare and seasoned very nicely. They were excellent. We also had their "Infamous Calamari" and it was very nice. Not rings but thick strips.

For dinner I had the Blackened Chicken Carbonara. My wife had the Ciopino, (clams, musels and shrimp), and our friends had the Ball Sirloin and Osso Buco. We all tried everything! Sharing is the best part.

My carbonara was excellent! Nice portion, excellent texture and flavor with perfect pasta. I did think the chicken was a tad dry, but still very excellent! My wife's Ciopino was superb! The broth was light yet flavorful and the shellfish and shrimp were plentiful and cooked perfectly. Very tasty. The sausage incorporated was nice as well and added a nice element. Our friend's sirloin was very thick, nice portion and cooked perfectly to her specification, medium rare. It was tender, cooked correctly, nice seasoning and I liked it a lot. Our friend's husband had the Osso Buco and the veal was very tender. I am not a fan of wine sauces of any sort but IMHO, I thought this was pretty good.

For desert we had a chocolate mouse cake. Cake on top of a chocolate-mocha bottom. Very nice and rich.

we did not stay here but we did have a marvelous experience dining here. We had the opportunity to check out some of the rooms that were available for inspection. If all the rooms are like those that were open for inspection, this place is VERY nice. Looks very comfy!

Nice lobby, nice outdoor dining area. Greer is a quaint mountain town nestled in a valley that nearly burned down during the 2011 Wallow Fire.

In our (my wife too), humble opinion, this place is worth the drive from anywhere. It is at the end of the road in Greer!

website: http://www.peaksaz.com/

Our server was young and very attentive. The chef came out and spoke with us and others about their meal and service and this is a classy thing to do which I appreciate. From our experience and view of this resort, the poor and mediocre reviews I read are surprising.

Pricing is close to fine dining but well worth it.

Room Tip: They have pizza on the menu as well which looks very good! Hints; just relax and enjoy yourself!
1 Thank John J
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place was comfy, the front lobby area has a huge couch and fire place, They have great set up with exercise equipment . They have an area for kids, with ping pong, air hockey, pool table. They have hot tub and sauna. If you are bringing a large group they have a penthouse, that is small apartment. They have two cabins with a fireplace if you want your own space. The caretakers treat you like your family. It's a short walk to any of the restaurants, and the best part it sits off the main street. I will definitely visit again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greer
Reed's Lodge
Greer Lodge Resort & Cabins
Lazy Trout Motel
Lazy Trout Motel
#1 of 2 in Greer

Been to The Greer Peaks Lodge? Share your experiences!