“Greer is still green and beautiful!”

The Greer Peaks Lodge
Ranked #3 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Greer
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Amberian Peaks Lodge and we just loved it. We'll be back sometimes in the winter. We were upgraded to a deluxe room - comfortable and cozy. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a great view of the valley and the food is great, esp. the mushroom soup. Both my husband and I are already recommending this place to friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LanYin

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Loved our repeat stay to Amberian post Wallow Fire - and we were just there in Jan 2011.
Much of Greer is intact including 95% of structures near this lodge - esp. at the south end of town. Hotel in great shape and restaurant fantastic - hosts are wonderful and this is now the best place to eat/stay in Greer. (Former Red Setter guest)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have been to alot of places, the Amberian Peaks is now at the top of my list.Relax-Relax-Relax. The staff (I now call them my friends) were fantastic.They took care of every need, The whole place was clean and in order,The food was out of this world. Everything was home made all the way down to the salad dressing. The owners Don & Ann sure know what they are doing. Thankk you for a wonderfull weekend and we will be seeing you soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ROCKET77
Reviewed February 4, 2011

As I made the reservations for our two night stay in Greer, AZ I instantly felt good - the gentleman I spoke to on the phone turned out to be the owner of the lodge, and he gave me all kinds of good tips about the area (I'd never been there before) and things to do, what I could expect, etc.

We arrived a bit later than expected but the staff at the lodge was expecting us with a warm greeting. We checked in to our room and were invited to visit the restaurant for dinner - open a bit later than expected which was nice since there's not a lot of options for food in Greer.

Dinner was quiet and tasty... and afterward my boyfriend and I were sitting by the fireplace in the lobby (cozy and warm!!). We were talking to the husband of one of the employees at the lodge - everyone felt like family! - and in the course of our discussion, our room was upgraded by the owner himself to make sure we had the best stay possible. How generous!

The rest of our stay was wonderful... the lodge is tucked away... it had the solitude I was looking for (coming from the city) but had a warm and friendly staff who seemed to go above and beyond in making sure we had everything we needed.

My boyfriend and I went snowshoeing right out of the back of the lodge into the National Forest... quick, easy, convenient and beautiful!! It was a great winter weekend getaway.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZExplorer77
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We celebrated New Years Eve at Amberian Peaks with friends from Chicago. It was 25 degrees below 0 that night. We had a fantastic cozy time sitting by the fire, or watching the snow, and enjoying a winter Greer. My wife Margarita and I have been visiting Amberian Peaks for years, summer and winter. Don and Ann treat us like friends and family. We missed them in 2010 when they were under repair and are glad they are back in operation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We traveled to Greer AZ and stayed at the newly remodeled Amberian Lodge. This Lodge seems to be the only lodge/cabins that is owned by a couple that is interested in your comfort. We were to stay for only 2 nights but ended up getting snowed in resulting in nobody driving out and nobody driving in. Since we had to stay for the night Ann and Don fired up their pizza ovens and made pizza for all of us. We sat by the large fireplace with other guests with our pizza and we didn't care about the weather. These folks served wine every evening and kept it flowing while we enjoyed our pizza. We were treated as if guests in their home. It was memorable and we had a great time. I would definitely recommend this lodge to my friends and we intend to go back in the summer to enjoy the creek that runs along their property as well and a hiking trail that looked like fun but not in the snow. We might try one of the cabins next time. What a great adventure. Thanks Don and Ann and the staff for making December 2010 most memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vortexTucson
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The experience at the Peaks is the best. Great staff - so friendly and helpful. Don and Ann - the owners do lots of work to ensure that you have a great experience. Rooms are big, and the fire place is THE BEST. The rates are very fair for the rooms. You must eat in the restaurant. The food is great and has a good variety. the views are awesome!!! Have a picnic next to the "Little Colorado River". You will think that you have died and gone to heaven.
D & S NV