“Good atmosphere”

Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you want a nice Italian dinner this is the restaurant in Green Valley to hit. The pastas are nice and they offer all the traditional Italian fare you would want including a nice choice of Italian salads and bread.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank hjensen90

Tri-Cities WA
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our neighbor had been bragging about Ragazzi's for the past year. However, my wife is full Italian and makes her own sauce and is always reluctant to try new Italian restaurants because of disappointment with their sauces. I finally got her to go with me tonight to check it out. She loved the sauce and pasta and bread. She had spaghetti and meatballs, which was served with a mild marinara sauce. She brought home some left overs to mix with spaghetti and sauce she has at home. She said she would not be able to tell the difference!

I love seafood pasta and usually look for one that has lots of different seafood, including mussels. The one thing on the menu that had the most seafood was Cioppino, which I ordered. It was exactly what I was looking for, and instead of being a soup, it had all of the seafood wrapped around a bed of linquini with marinara sauce. The sauce was seasoned very well and was spicy. They shaved cheese from a block on our servings. I had several large mussels, shrimp, scallops and pieces of calamari. It was very generous. I think this was the best seafood pasta dish that I have ever had!

The service was excellent. It was a Saturday evening. I called ahead for a reservation. At 7 PM on a Saturday the place was about 80% full. We were seated immediately, and had service almost instantly. The level of service was perfect, and not overdone. Our food came in a timely manner and we were finished in about an hours time. The Spumoni ice cream was served with fresh berries on top.

There are signs in and around the shopping area pointing to Ragazzi's location. It is located quite a ways back from the parking lot in an attractive courtyard area.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank jacklmc
Green Valley, Arizona
“Scathing review of Ragazzi, for this date and this meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I preface this review with a comment – the hostess claimed that it was a busy night and they were short-staffed, as two never showed up. From the quality of the food, I wonder if one or both were the chef. When we arrived and ordered, the place was practically empty. So...
We asked twice for more bread. Never arrived.
We asked at least three times for the ordered appetizer. It finally arrived, after yet another request; when? Half way through our “meal”.
One veggie item, when finally arrived, terribly under-cooked.
Duck was tough, over cooked, tasteless. It came with four strands of overcooked asparagus.
Chicken, dry and tough, over cooked.
Neighboring table had the same issues. She asked for hot water with lemon; it arrived in a large glass instead of a glass or mug with handle. Even the hostess who brought it said, “very hot, be careful”. They gave up on the waiter and got the hostesses’ attention to exchange the glass for a mug.
Blueberry salad dressing? It was Blue Cheese/Ranch and the waiter tried to say it was blueberry. Yes, we had a language and/or knowledge barrier.
I’m unsure how much experience the chef(?) had; the waiters certainly had none and no training.
The owner was not present. Perhaps had a good reason. Wonder if he even knew the situation. Being shorthanded, he should have come in. Or cancelled the evening.

We've eaten here before; one meal was fair to average; a later meal, with a new owner, improved things and that meal was good to better. Our four meals this night were disastrous, worse than the worst Denny’s. At least the latter tends to have good service.

What a waste of over $100 for four of us.

In Green Valley, one does not expect fine dining, but other restaurants here are at least average to good and consistent.

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank Voyaging
Green Valley, AZ
“It just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have given this restaurant a good review in the past, but want to do so again as it keeps on getting better. I went with my wife and another couple recently for lunch, and was even more pleasantly surprised than the last time I was there for dinner. We arrived at noon and were immediately shown a table. As soon as we sat down, waiters were there with bottled water, glasses of ice, and some of the best bread you will ever eat in any restaurant. The order was taken promptly, and three of us ordered a special, Chilean sea-bass. This fish was perfectly prepared and beautifully present, and I can honestly say I have never eaten better food anywhere. A waiter practically stood by the table to make sure the ice tea glasses were kept full. We enjoyed the meal so much we asked that the chef visit our table, and tipped him, as well as the house.
This restaurant has had issues in its past, but has come back as what I now regard as the best in all of Green Valley. We plan to visit again often.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank tom840
Green Valley, Arizona
“Wonderful Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Amazing meal with fantastic garden salad and blue cheese dressing. Pasta was excellent. Decor was okay but then I was there for the meal and company. Would definitely recommend and eat there again.

Visited May 2014