“This Restaurant is not Good!!!”

Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“This Restaurant is not Good!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I have never stayed at the hotel, but we live in Green Valley year round. The Canoa Ranch Country Club does not have good food, and most of the time, not great service. Its almost impossible to find a decent restaurant in Green Valley. The prices at this place are way high for what you get. Quail Creek is so so. For Mexican I would recommend Manuels. The new Solaris is pretty good. If you want good food, you have to drive into Tucson. Maybe in 10 years something will come in, hopefully before us old folks die!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Truckee
Reviewed December 1, 2008

On the surface this hotel looked good,..we booked 5 rooms for the three nites over Thanksgiving, and one additional room for Thanksgiving for our family reunion.
They didn't get the rooms right, we confirmed three suites with 2 bdrms, a king and two queens for the families with boys and girls and didn't get them.
They didn't give us linens for the hide-a-beds.
They used flat sheets for the bottom sheets that were too short, so, they slipped and the cheap mattress pad silpped as well so by the end of the nite there were no sheets on the bed. Very uncomfortable.
The night clerk called my room and spoke with someone about my bill!!!! Totally indiscrete and when I commented that I felt it inappropriate for her to discuss my bill with someone else she gave me a flip response and did not think she was out of line in doing that. Created a lot of problems for me with my family which could have been avoided it the clerk had simply left a message to call or stop by the front desk. Tacky. Never had this problem at any other hotel. morning clerk wasn't any better, no apology. Not at the standard one expects from a Wyndham property. Very disappointed. Don't recommend this place at all.

• Liked — It was big enough to accomodate 28 people comfortably
  • Disliked — the bedsheets they kept slipping and the night staff.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My family spent a week at the Wyndham Canoa Ranch. The property is beautiful, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The environment is very serene. Some things didn't go exactly as planned, but the staff generally tried to rectify it. I get the sense, since it's a newer hotel, that the management doesn't have things running like clockwork just yet, but that they will over time.

What I liked: it was very serene, most the staff was attentive (& some of them were outstanding), the restaurant at the golf course was quite good, the pool was quiet, our suite was enormous (the largest I've ever stayed in).

What I didn't like:
1) all rooms with 2 beds (which you need if you have kids), are all interior rooms - we were so unhappy with our original room that we paid for an upgrade when we arrived close to midnight after a long day of travel.
2) house-keeping was inconsistent - they only cleaned during relatively short windows each day - so if you had your do not disturb sign on during those times, you were out of luck - one day we were in the room until 10:30am, and they didn't clean our room that day! (we were there during a very not busy season, so I suspect they were light on staff, but even so, I've never heard of that at a full service hotel...).
3) the restaurant is across the street from the hotel (just a short walk), but, you can't easily get food when you're in the pool, or grab a quick drink at the bar before going to bed.

A word of caution, there are vast differences in room sizes and room views - investigate these before booking!

Bottom line: we will return because we have family in the area, but I wouldn't call it a resort as much as a nice, practical hotel in a serene environment with a friendly staff.

• Liked — Spacious suites; friendly staff
  • Disliked — Inconsistent aspects of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Denver, CO
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This is not the place to stay for anyone looking for a "resort" or even an average hotel experience. Our visit had multiple problems and we did not stay on the second night of our prepaid visit. Wyndham management ultimately reimbursed us for our stay.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank LoneTreeCO
KC
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I can honestly say that in all the years I’ve traveled I cannot remember being treated as kindly ....I’ve traveled extensively for business the last 20 years, and I truly do think your property is the best I’ve ever stayed at...I’m hoping to be back in just a few months and to bring a much larger group with me this time.
I am even considering purchasing one of your condo’s...

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank titusp
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2007

We were looking for a great place to stay for a group of four and found this great Gem in the middle of Green Valley. The location was fabulous with awesome viewes of the Santa Rita Mountains. Every morning we would sit on the balcony and see the most spectacular sunrises you could imagine and if we did not feel like going outside we could watch them from our bedroom or living room. The place was immaculate and the service was excellent we felt right at home in the lovely two bedroom condo with all the amenities including a fire place, flat screen TV and full kitchen. The pool and heated spa was another beautiful benefit. Our Stay was made even nicer by the friendly and caring staff, especially Amy the General Manager who was very accomodating and helpful at all times.

And if you like golf, the golf course is top notch.

We will definetly be back to stay soon.

• Liked — Location, Size of the accomodations, staff
  • Disliked — Pool Access
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank laestrada
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2007

This is a beautiful resort tucked away in Green Valley, perfect for anyone wanting to explore Southern Arizona, like Tubac, Madera Canyon (I am a bird watcher) or golf on a great course. We had a one bedroom suite which was very large, beautifully furnished down to the silverware in the drawers. Great views of the mountains to the east. Restaurant right across the street. This is prefect if you just want to get away from hustle and bustle and just relax in a sunny, georgeous atmoshphere. Will definately put on my list of winter favorites.

• Liked — The overall feel of rest and relaxation in beautiful setting.
  • Disliked — A little way to get there, but worth it.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Green Valley
Comfort Inn Green Valley
#5 of 5 in Green Valley
Desert Diamond Casino Hotel

Been to Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!