“Some weird problems”

Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The rooms are nice, and the property is very condo-y, which isn't a bad thing, but you should know two things:

1. We were staying, hotel-style, on business for two nights. On the second, somebody actually opened my room door with their key and would have walked in had the hasp not been set. How on Earth does this still happen at hotels?

2. You know the new internet thing? Yeah, me too, and I use it for work several hours a day, traveling or not. The Canoa Ranch gives you a little desk with a power outlet for your laptop, but no internet hookup or wi-fi. Should you need internet, there's a 6' cable coming out of the phone, across the room and behind the nightstand, to plug into. It doesn't reach to the desk, but it reaches the bed, that fluffy thing that causes laptops to overheat, just fine.

3. Now, they can't do much about this last one: There's very spotty and sometimes nonexistent 3G data from the property if you're using a smartphone. My AT&T iPhone could occasionally send an email, but not often.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Ad_Photog

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We started rocky, as our condos hot water heater went on the fritz - no hot water for the first 24 hours. Fortunately, we were relocated the next day to another condo and worked with the mgr to stay an additional 4 days. The rooms are great, very spacious - you just need a trip to the grocery store and you have a full kitchen to prepare whatever you want. We had a great balcony that overlooked the firepit area. My only complaints are minimal - the hot tub was very hot - everyone sat on the edge because the water was unbearable and the overall location was not convenient. You have to trot several miles up the road for supplies, but this is really not a big deal. We loved the washer & dryer, plus they supplied the TIDE.

They should find a way to link this facility to Tucson searches; we wasted 4 days at the Radisson by the airport - too bad, we could have been here!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We stayed her three nites in March. We rented a 1-bdm condo which was mostly wonderful - very spacious, very quiet, great view over pool and valley to south. Good internet via LAN, great TVS, excellent kitchen. The pool and 'hot tub' were very nice. In general it was a great property and very reasonably priced for what we got. The only complaint is that you could hear people walking on floor above. We had requested a balcony and that was definitely a plus than having a ground floor room. The price of the condo was hardly any more than a hotel room at the same resort. Also, you get extremely reasonable golf fees while staying at the resort

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chinookgeo
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed 4 nights in a 1,200 sq foot suite. This suite was almost like an apartment with all the amenities. Washer/dry, full kitchen, living room, kingsized room, and balcony with a table. The decor was very tasteful! Our balcony over looked the golfcourse & desert. Billing was an issue as they tried to charge us more then we booked online. Watch your bill when you check out. I had to show them all my paperwork from their website. If you can afford the $200 a night I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Runninragged
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stumbled across this place just looking for a hotel convenient to Green Valley. What a find! We stayed in one of the condo buildings that rent out furnished models. The space was spectacular! HUGE rooms, fully equipped everything, balcony, excellent mattress and bedding. The place was great!

The only 2 negatives - LOUD AC unit just outside the bedroom. If you shut the bedroom door, it wasn't horrible. The other negative, no WiFi. That was more irritating. Even though you could plug into there network for free internet, if you have an I-pad, or cell phone the signal was non-existent or very low. Would definitley go back though!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This is the highest rated hotel in Green Valley and it didn't disappoint. Quiet, clean rooms which were nicely decorated with tons and tons of pillows. We didn't have time for the pool but the fire pit, hot tub and pool area was incredible for a 3 star hotel. This is a lot newer than other Wy hotels I have stayed at and I think it is due to the real estate development to the west of the hotel. The golf clubhouse across the street has really good food as well. Nice oasis in the desert.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The first four night we fine, room was clean, grounds well kept but the last night was horrible. I had to call three times about the noise in the room next door and even then the night person was very nonchalant and unprofessional I asked to be put through to the General Manager's voice mail which did not work.
I told her morning person about the experience and gave her my card as the General Manager was not in.. Three days later now and he has not called me, even though when I got back I did leave him two voice mails.
What started out to be a nice trip was spoiled. In my voice mail I told the General Manager I didn't want money back or a free night, I just wanted an apology for the very poor service on my final night and his failing to respond to guest request to talk to him.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Casino Del Sol
Casino Del Sol
#9 of 129 in Tucson
Desert Diamond Casino Hotel

Been to Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!