“Don't miss the gem in "valley"”
Review of Lavender

Lavender
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Green Valley
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef/Co-Owner Frederic Lange, Maitre Cuisinier de France (Master Chef of France) Classic French dinner entrees and desserts as well as classic American lunches.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Finally got to have lunch at this well recommended restaurant. The service was excellent (Penny was awesome)\and the food was very good. Full flavored, fresh fish, exceptional vegetables cooked perfectly, and a fabulous key lime pie. We will definitely go back and will try the Sunday brunch soon.

1  Thank PATRICIA I

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The facility and dining room is definitely dated, but the food was outstanding. I was with a group of 18 women and the service was very slow, with one person's meal delivered 15 minutes after the others. The restaurant was certainly understaffed, but the food was excellent and fairly priced.

1  Thank Julianne H
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Wow! This restaurant has really improved since we ate there about 4 years ago. The decor is very warm and the food is definitely 5 star. Presentation is excellent, as well. Seasoning was right on and recommended wine was a perfect compliment to our meals.Would definitely recommend to others and will eat here again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good restaurants are in short supply in our small town area. Lavender's is often quite good. But today's lunch was disappointing. I ordered the pulled pork quesadillas. The pork was minuscule; The sweet potato fries good but the thing that tipped the score to 2 stars from 4 was the surprise bill. Asking for a to-go box for half of my meal, I discovered a 25 cent charge on the bill. Questioning the waitress, who said she paid the fee when a customer complained, I was informed it was to hep defray the cost of the box. I paid but was outraged to be charged with no warning on the menu. I'm all for helping the environment but perhaps they should consider informing the customer first!

3  Thank chrisbone60
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The service is excellent but the food is just alright. I had duck with some kind of cherry sauce that was dry and underwhelming. I truly love duck, so it was disappointing. The truffles that come with dessert are definitely from Trader Joe's. One would expect better.

1  Thank Christina_boo