“They try”

Mac's Pub and Patio
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Heard good things about the place. Went there once to check it out and came back another time to try the fish and chips. Outdoor patio is nice, escapes the TVs. They try ryi to be a bit upscale but don't make it. Fish and chips were good - not great. A bit pricey

1  Thank mntransplant2011

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I like....naw, I LOVE a really good Reuben sandwich. I stopped in this English pub a week or so ago with a good buddy while vacationing in Green Valley with my wife and 130 lb pup. I decided to try their Reuben...and was shocked at how good it was. Could it just be a fluke? I did it again with my wife, mother and her care-giver last night. We all had Reubens. All agreed: It was without a doubt the best we've ever had....and we've had some blingers. GREAT place....going back to try some of their mouth watering English entrees.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very nice restaurant, many choices on menu. Nice outdoor patio (smoking) along with flat screen TV. Great place for appetizers. Their fish n chips are also very good!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

One of our entrees arrived with a serving of bright colorful vegetables. Unfortunately they were still frozen. Not cold or room temperature but icy cold as in frozen. This was brought to the attention of our waitperson who brought out a bowl to have them put in and taken back to kitchen to microwave I guess. After the rest of the entree was eaten the vegetables arrive, cooked this time! Another of our group requested a side of gravy ..... several times ...... and it arrived towards the end of our meal. We realize mistakes can happen but we feel that there should have been some sincere apology for this haphazard and uncaring service.

3  Thank altagal
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A very good size of fish for the sandwich. Sometimes I have trouble finishing the whole fish platter. Just the right amount of breading. The slaw really complements the fish and love the fries. Nice and crispy. Like having malt vinegar available for both the fish and the fries. And, of course, the Guinness was great. Service this last time was the best we've had.