“Local Pub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mac's Pub and Patio - CLOSED

Mac's Pub and Patio
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cortland, Ohio
“Local Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Definitely an establishment frequented by the local crowd. That being said, we found it to be a charming place. Good service, good food, and friendly folks.

Visited January 2014

Green Valley, Arizona
“When the owner isn't cooking quality suffers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This visit was our 4th or 5th visit to the restaurant and both my wife and I were very disappointed. First we had to roust the waitress away from a table of friends where she was actually sitting with them having a conversation. We should've taken our clue from that.
I originally ordered the bangers and mash and had to send it back because it was very salty and the sausage were seriously dried out. As an alternative I ordered the same thing my wife had ordered, the grilled chicken club. Both of our chicken breasts were so over cooked as to be dried out planks (wooden) of chicken. Since we had already sent one lunch back we suffered through our sandwiches and left. While sitting in the restaurant we watched their famous fish and chips arrive at a nearby table and the fish was seriously over cooked, the batter a very dark brown to black. Their specialty for the day was beef with Yorkshire pudding. We watched that dish delivered with Yorkshire pudding so black we would've sent it back. Obviously the cook of the day didn't have a clue. Unfortunate because although we've enjoyed earlier visits, it'll be a long time before we return for a second chance.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Greg S
San Diego, California
“The Most Fun! Bring The Family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My experience was nothing like the other reviewers. Authentic English cooking, so stick with what they are best at!!! Green Valley is a senior community so I will leave it at that. We took a group of 12 including 4 children under 9, teenagers, some 20 something's and my parents who are both 80. It was Friday night so there was a live band. The waitress was phenomenal keeping it altogether. The French onion soup was first rate and a definite must have. We had the evening specials, bangers and mash, fish and chips and an excellent Rubin sandwich. Everyone was friendly and fun without being rowdy. The band even let our 5 year old Ryder sing "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line on stage. A night he will never forget! The owner personally came out and gave sundaes to all the kids. Very personable.The food is very good, if you are looking for fine dining and a quiet place, this isn't it! If you want to have a fun and feel like family...well, what are waiting for?

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Mac's Pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We went to Mac's about 2 weeks ago and friends went with us. Three of us had the fish fry and the fish was greasy, the other meal not good either. Their food is going down hill. Won't go back

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank judywoody13
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I would have to describe my meal as "mushy". Liver was not tasty, onions were not "carmelized", and vegetables were overcooked. Too much bland gravy. My husband sent his lasagna back to the kitchen to be warmed. The sauce looked like frosting, and burned. I will say, they were busy, but I am not sure why.

Visited November 2013