“I agree, for Green Valley this is as good as it gets.”
Review of Mac's Pub and Patio - CLOSED

Mac's Pub and Patio
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
McLean, Virginia
“I agree, for Green Valley this is as good as it gets.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Mac's. My Ceasear salad with anchoviies was very favorful. My husband really enjoyed the bangers and mashed potatoes and gravy. Both tasted homemade The vegetables also looked fresh but were soggy and tasteless. My gin and tonic was flat and the waitress quickly replaced it. I had wine instead, which was okay. My husband really enjoyed his Irish beer. We definately will go back.

1 Thank Wamstad

Green Valley, Arizona
“Casual Fun”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Friendly and comfortable. Bartender and wait staff were outgoing and helpful. We had a great time and will be back for sure. Sat at the bar and the bartender was knowledgeable and helpful in selecting a drink. Food was great, had fish and chips

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Danielle P
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“Best Restaurant in Green Valley Hands Down”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I realize that may be faint praise as most of the offerings in Green valley have been terrible. However, Mac's is actually the epitome of very good bordering on excellent. We have eaten there several times since they first opened and each time is an improvement on the last. The food is now solid and the waitstaff is professional, attentive and friendly.
Portions are perfect. If you want to eat light take a bit home. If you want to pig out add a dessert. Just right. REAL VEGETABLES that didn't come pre-sliced out of a bag and are cooked just right! Holy crap are we still in Green Valley? Real mashed potatoes too? I don't know if my poor heart can take it! So far I've had the fish and chips twice, the Sunday Roast, the ploughman's and the welsh rarebit. All have been good, solid pub fair with an eye toward using quality ingredients. So nice to eat something in this town that isn't pre-fab frozen garbage.
Bottom line. Good quality food made by an actual Chef. Reasonable prices on both drinks and food. If you want an extra large plate of Sysco Slop go elsewhere. If you want real good food don't go anywhere else.

2 Thank Artistseye
Green Valley, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getting worse”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been here 4 times now, and notice that the meat portions have become more skimpy. The food over all is good, but if you want meat, you need to ask for extra. Otherwise, its hard to find.

Atmosphere great, live music great, food, just so so.

1 Thank CJL994
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Dueling music”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a nice restaurant in the back corner of an outdoor mall. My wife and I might have liked the patio, but with parents we ate inside. All of us enjoyed our meals--my fish and chips were very good--portions weren't huge, but were adequate and provided good value.

Service was good, maybe a touch rushed. We had made a reservation for 6 people and were told they could "fit us in" at 5:30 (earlier than we'd have liked), but when we got there the place was not crowded and never did get crowded. Maybe they were expecting a rush after 6:00pm that never materialized.

The "Dueling music" title comes from sitting with the piped in "musak" coming in through speakers that were behind me, with live music from a piano player in the adjacent bar coming in front of me, combining at about the same volume so difficult to tune out or focus on one or the other. Neither was too loud, but if you're going to have one, shut down the other, please!

1 Thank ghp3