WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Reno, Nevada
“stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from Aug 25-29 2012. We came from out of town. We were there for business The. Front desk person she was very rude her name is Sharon Wickwar. First thing she started putting breakfast away at 8;00 AM breakfast goes until 9:00. I went up to the front desk a total of 4 times to tet her know many items from the breakfast station needed to be refilled, All she did was play her crossword puzzle I felt like I was bothering her. when I told her that she said she can do whatever she wants to do. she . did not seem to care about the guests. Finally I asked to speak to the manager and she told me he was not there when clearly the signs reads Manager on duty. She then put out 2 egg patties,and 4 sausages. This is still around 8:00 am. Breakfast went until 9:00am . Another guest told her that the waffle mix was out. Sharon told her she was cleaning up. No waffle mix not eggs and no milk. and no sauages. My husband and I were in shock over how Sharon treated the guests there. When we were leaving she yelled at me saying she had to throw my eggs away I told her that they are guest eggs and said why don't you give them to the homeless and she said they do not feed the homeless we throw the food away. What a shame My husband and I have stayed at alot of Comfort Inns this one the WORST EVER.I will never recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank rickster12345992

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I just happened to read through some of the reviews, and I'm mystified as to whether this is the same place at which I have now stayed on several occasions in the past couple of years.
Conveniently located, clean, quiet, good value, good breakfast, nice people. Also right next door is the best cocktail bar and restaurant for miles. I would have no problem going back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MunroBill
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This place was great! We (hubby, me & 2boys) stay at Lots of hotels. Here they gave us: a great price, continental b-fast (unlike the Hilton w/sucky beds we stayed at the night b4), great beds, large clean room and super friendly staff. I used the treadmill in the morning too.
This is exactly what we are looking for in a place. Excellent!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jcat111777
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

it was great stay at comfort inn motel in greenvalley very good and warm breakfast good beverages good coffee room was very nice and clean. desk staff friendly and very nice when asked for things i needed.

Room Tip: i ask for best price when i arrived,and then i got very good price
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sun City, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here for eight days and we were underwhelmed to say the least. First, good luck finding anyone at the front desk. We arrived on Wednesday. I told them on Friday that they needed to unclog or replace the shower head because I squirted water over the top of the shower curtain when you tried to use different settings because it was plugged up with hard water deposits. And the one setting that you could use, the water did not come out right. I told them on Friday, because it was the first time I could find someone at the front desk. We left the following Thursday and it still was not fixed.

The door to the room did not close properly because the door frame was loose -- you could lift up on the door handle and the frame was come away from the wall. Since it was loose, the door did not shut unless you pulled it shut and the interior safety latch did not work right either because it did not line up properly since the door was sagging.

The pool was dirty and the hot tub did not work. Plus, they had signage saying that you could not take any food or drink into the poor area. Hmmm, Arizona, in the desert, in the summer, and you cannot take drinks to the pool area. Bad idea.

What else? Oh yeah, the side entrance was placarded both inside and outside that you needed your room key to enter. That's standard practice, no problem. But when my room key would not let me in, the clerk told me that the side door was for exit only -- so if you room is near the end of the hotel -- too bad. You have to go all the way to the main entrance to get in.

However, the maid service was nice -- they did a good job.

But despite the good maid service, I doubt we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davefromwis
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a group of nine guys on a cycling trip. After learning that our leader had picked the Comfort Inn in Green Valley, I read the other reviews and was very apprehensive. It turned out to be just fine - pretty much the same as every other Comfort Inn I had stayed in previously. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot, there were lots of towels, the flat screen TV got lots of channels, the breakfast was fresh and varied (They even had SKIM milk for my cereal - a rarity in most hotel breakfasts!). The outdoor pool was too cold to swim in, but the hot tub worked great! We paid over $100 for two guys per room, so the price could have been less, but the quality was just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our stay 9/16/11-9/18/11-Two rooms: 221 & 224. Price: $79.12 per rm per nt. Decent price. Positives: Decent rooms, fairly clean. Nice warm breakfast in am.
Negatives: Unsafe furniture. Desk chair arm broke causing brother to fall almost hitting head on desk. We were informed by desk clerk that they had probs with chairs before. She replaced it with same kind of chair???? Brother asked to fill out accident report. Was told to wait till next day when Manager (Mr. Patel) was there. He did, but got the run around. Finally was given an employee accident report form. They had no proper paperwork for guests. At no time was an apology given to him or inquiry as to if he was hurt. Thank heavens, he was not. We also had probs with doors securing. We travel alot and have learned to always check to see if doors secure. These did not. Informed front desk; did not seemed concerned. Tried to address these issues by phone, at a later date, with Choice Hotel & Yvonne at hotel. Both were rude, unprofessional, & unconcerned about our issues. Yvonne stated it was my brother's fault he fell out of the chair. She stated that they have not had one guest accident/injury in the seven years they have been in business????!! And that not one person had ever mentioned that the doors do not secure. Although later I read a review for the Motel stating this same concern. I feel she is a very untruthful person and the management do not care about the safety and security of guests.

Room Tip: Make sure the doors secure properly when closing
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Casino Del Sol Resort
#10 of 129 in Tucson
Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Green Valley? Share your experiences!