Vagabond Inn Executive - Green Valley Sahuarita
FourPoints.com
$108
$92
Doubletree.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$58
Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$76
Hampton.com
$60
All reviewsfrontage roadindoor poolgas stationroom was cleanbagelsburger kingfast foodsame qualityone night staystay there againvisiting the areaspent four nightscold cerealcontinental breakfast isrecommend this hotellong driveshort stay
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We reserved a room well in advance. We reserved a king bed, non smoking. We were informed we had the last one available. We called to confirm the day prior to arrival and our reservation was confirmed. Upon our arrival, we were informed that the hotel had been overbooked and that we no longer had the reservation we had made. We asked to see the manager however the manager would not come to the front to speak with us. We left the hotel and we were able to find another hotel in Green Valley that would accommodate our request.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2009

This hotel was pretty much unremarkable - an older property, renovated but not too recently; standard-sized room & bathroom; fading wallpaper & carpet. We noticed a faint smell of smoke in the lobby and hall, but our room was clean and not "scented." We appreciated the fresh white duvet cover (not a scratchy bedspread), but found our king-size bed to be rather comfortable -- however, we're picky and prefer a firm mattress. Breakfast was very good - cereal, fat-free yogurt, hardboiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bananas, and all kinds of bread... lots of choices. The front-desk staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Overall, this hotel was perfectly fine for us and a great value.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2009

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit worried about staying at this hotel. My daughter and I arrived after midnight and were promptly greeted by the hotel staff. All of the paperwork was ready to go and check-in took less than 5 minutes. The room was on the second floor and was very clean. There was no smell at all. The maid service was prompt and they did a good job everyday. The breakfasts were typical for a Holiday Inn Express, and the eating area was kept clean too. The only thing I would change if I was to stay at this hotel again would be to get a room on the third floor. The walls are very thin (we could hear the person in the room next to ours snooring!) and the person above us moved about all night. The other thing is that the pool is small, and it is inside. However, they do have a tanning deck outside if you wish some sun. Other than that, if you are looking for somewhere to stay that is about 20 minutes out of Tucson, I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Green Valley, AZ!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights in November. The staff was young, but very nice and courteous. Friendly too. The room was fine, comfy bed, windows that open a few inches and a good AC. I felt that everyone worked hard to make my stay as nice as possible. There is free WiFI and one can walk up the street (about 5-6 minutes) to a very nice Safeway with Starbucks inside. Location off the highway is convenient. The only downside was that the smoking and non-smoking rooms are alternating one another on the same hallway and so sometimes I would come out of my NS room to be assaulted by a quite heavy smell of smoke in the hallway. I put a towel by the door and that helped keep my room free of smoke, but it was not pleasant. The walls seem to be a bit thin too, judging by how much I had to listen to my neighbor stomp around his room and open and shut doors...All things begin equal, however, I would stay here again and just hope that the smokers are on another floor next time.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank junodee
Reviewed February 26, 2008

My husband, daughter and I were visiting relatives in Green Valley for a week. It was our first time to stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is located next to a gas station/mini market and an Arby's. At first we were concerned about the noise, but once inside the hotel we didn't even notice it. Later we found there is an advantage to having a mini-market so close.
The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned promptly every day. Other hotels tend to skimp on towels, even if there are 2 or 3 people in the room, but we never had that problem.
A free breakfast comes with the cost of the room. There is a variety of choices that should please everyone: cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, biscuits and gravy, bacon, coffee and juice.
We recommend the hotel and plan to stay during our next visit to AZ.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BeaJay