“Older Hotel with Modern Touches” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vagabond Inn Executive - Green Valley Sahuarita

Vagabond Inn Executive - Green Valley Sahuarita
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
“Older Hotel with Modern Touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've stayed at a couple of different chain hotels and this one has been the most pleasant. It's clean with updated linens and pillows. Flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge. I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
san antonio florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have always had great experiences at other HI. This one looks great on the outside and front desk associates were very pleasant and helpful, the room was a big dissapointment after checkin. Room did not smell clean, think they only used plain water to rinse things off, still make up in sink bowl, tub still wet and long black hair in our sheets (not really sure they were changed) To top it all off we got a wake up call at 2:45 am that we did not request. Next morning housekeeping was in our room trying to clean while we were at breakfast (8 am, check out not until noon.) Didn't appreciate that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Green Valley hotels

Tualatin, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My folks live in Pueblo Estates, Green Valley, and this is where we stay when we visit them. It's very convenient to I-19 (west side frontage road off Duval Mine Rd exit #69). It's quiet and well kept, appears to attract both business and leisure travelers. Desk clerk worked hard to give me a good rate for a 4-night stay.
Room looked pretty similar to other HI Express, maybe a bit smaller. Bathroom is tub/shower and toilet only, sink is out in the main room next to the closet area with a very small sink area. Minifridge. Free wi-fi.
Breakfast is hot and quite a wide range of choices (make your own pancake, biscuits and gravy, sausage, mini omelets).
Indoor pool which we didn't use.
Minor glitch, two out of the four days we didn't have any coffee packets for our in-room coffee maker.

Room Tip: Not 101, too close to ice machine and outside door.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Billings
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

After a less than stellar stay at another property in Green Valley last year, I decided to spend a few more bucks and try this HI Express. I've been a Priority Club member for 20+ years and had good experience with HI properties in the past. After a late flight and drive from Phoenix, I checked in around midnight. I walked into my room to be overcome by the wreaking stench of cigarette smoke! Even though I had booked a non smoking room months earlier, apparently all they had left that night was this disgusting room. Shame on the desk clerk for not mentioning this at check-in. I would have graciously declined and gone elsewhere. After a trip back to the front desk, she explained there wasn't a single room left, but they would move me to my non smoking room the next morning. It was late, so I made the best of it - window open, A/C on high, and bathroom fan running all night. I left my luggage in the car. The next morning I was moved to a non smoking room for the remainder of my stay. It was OK - decent bedding and towels, free WIFI, older TV with good selection of channels - generally clean and comfortable enough for my purposes, but overall less than I expected. I didn't use the indoor pool or try the breakfast service. Upon check-out they offered nothing for the first night - no discount, no apology. I seriously doubt I'll be staying here next year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug B
Pasco, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express exterior looks good but once inside the the room it is a beatup basic motel. Had my gas syphoned (stolen) two nights in a row, bad parking situation. Room was not cleaned one day because of a prankster putting a not disturb sign on my door after I left for the day. Newspaper stolen continually from the door. Not a very good clientle stays here. Moving to the Wyndham in Canoe Ranch - Same Price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Paper thin walls; hallways leading to rooms reeked of cigarettes ... need I say more? (Oops, one more thing ... we walked in "our" room, which we found was already occupied!!)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed at the HI Express in Aug 2010. It's a decent property, right off the main highway heading from Tucson down to Green Valley. It's an odd location when it comes to the way Frontage road comes off the main road. Seems like you're going the wrong way, or heading onto an on ramp back onto the highway. The sign for the hotel is sort of blocked by trees and new buildings, but if you turn at the Arby's you'd be fine. Besides Arby's there is a Burger King nearby as well. You're only about 5 minutes (driving) to Denny's, Subway, Walmart, and a few other stores.

Room was good. Typical size. I like the white linen. Gives it a 'clean' feel. Which was one of the reasons I chose it over the other Green Valley hotels. Sink/Mirror accessible from the main part of the room, Tub/Toilet closed off which makes it easier for one to get ready while the other showers. Hot water is definitely not an issue here. Ample parking.

Staff is very friendly. There is a small pool (roughly 15' x 15') plus a jacuzzi. I didn't use it or see anyone in it while I was there though. There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access. Complimentary breakfast was served 6:30 (?) to 9:30am. Good selection. Cinnimon Buns, Eggs (type varies - one day was omelet the next scrambled), sausage, biscuit, 4 types of cereal, assorted breads, yogurt, coffee/tea/juice.

Hope this helps!..

Casino Del Sol Resort
Casino Del Sol Resort
#10 of 128 in Tucson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive - Green Valley Sahuarita? Share your experiences!