“Nice experience”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Bucerias, Mexico
“Nice experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

From check in to check out, the hotel staff were wonderful. The rooms were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. I would definitely stay again. I was travelling with pets and they were accommodating to that. I did not eat in the restaurant but it looked pleasant and the prices seemed reasonable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013

Arthur Kaminski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This turned out to be a nice hotel in what appears to be nice, clean retirement-type community and the attached restaurant was excellent and very reasonably priced. The hotel hot breakfast was a voucher for a full breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2013

There is a discount for making online reservations, so my husband booked a poolside room. Poolside rooms cost more, so he used the money he saved from booking online towards the expense of the poolside room. The swim pool and the jacuzzi are ADA accessible, with lifts and seats. There were several gates to enter the pool area. The gates and fencing are about 3 feet tall and there are no locks. A child can easily enter and drown. The pool water was very cloudy. Various bugs and debris floated on the surface. The bottom was dirty. In fact, the dirt was easily stirred up while treading water. My advice to everyone is to avoid dipping your head under water. At the steps, there is a bar that one is supposed to use to prevent falling while stepping into or out of the pool. This bar was so wobbly, it easily swayed back and forth. Using that could cause a fall. There is a towel cubby located next to the pool. Towels were neatly rolled and well-stocked. The pool towels are very small, barely able to cover one's shoulders. The jacuzzi water was cleaner than the pool water. There is a timer for turning on the jets. A person must use extreme caution when entering or exiting the jacuzzi because of the safety bar. Like the pool bar, it was loose. Actually, it was more than just loose. It was completely detached from the cement area. As the bar swayed to either side, a rusty gaping hole was easy to see. Frankly, the entire pool area is not safe to use for anything other than sitting in the lounge chairs and reading a book.
On the plus side, there is a heat lamp in the bathroom. I hung my wet swim suit up and it dried quickly.
The dirtiness continued in our beds. At first, we were given a room that seemed fine, until I pulled back the covers. A huge glob of black hair attached to some white (foam?) showed up. Upon closer inspection of the sheet, I found several more strands of black hair. There was a non-water-proof mattress pad under the fitted sheet. There were blood stains on the mattress pad.
I called the front desk and I was immediately moved to another room. This room looked and smelled nicer. This time, my family member's bed had tiny yellow specs on the fitted sheet. We pulled off the sheets and found an old urine stain in the pillow top mattress. The nice smell disappeared. By this point, we were too exhausted to do anything about the second room.
We couldn't sleep well and of course, this affected the quality of our stay-cation. At check-out, I was given a discount for the inconvenience.
The restaurant is located on the premises and isn't affiliated with Best Western. But it wasn't much cleaner. For dinner, we noticed thick water spots on the silverware. At breakfast, the hostess placed us at a table with very dirty seats. As soon as I pointed out the problem, the waitress moved us to a better table and had someone wipe down the seats at the previous table.
Having typed all of this, it's hard to believe I have something positive to say. Here it is: The Best Western employees and the restaurant employees were very courteous and professional. One said she would write "a nasty note" to housekeeping concerning the bed in our first room. A maintenance man checked on the bed in the second room as soon as he learned of the problem. The desk clerks in all shifts were friendly and welcoming. We had forgotten to pack some toiletries and they had replacements, such as a toothbrush and shave cream. They also provided easy to follow directions to stores and an atm machine. The waitresses and waiters were very attentive as we enjoyed very delicious meals. Nearly all hotels provide simple buffet bars for their complimentary breakfasts. Our free breakfast was served to us as we sat within the lovely restaurant. Our every need was met with smiles, humor and empathy.
It's saddening to see employees who are working so hard, busting their butts really, to provide guests with a positive experience, but receive so little support by their employers. I want so much to give them the credit they so richly deserve. I planned to give larger tips during the trip and write glowing reviews after the trip. Since my family and I deserved better, I couldn't give better. Let's hope the situation improves greatly. In the meantime, I'll never return to a Best Western hotel ever. There are plenty of others to choose from, even in Green Valley and surrounding areas.
While there, we visited Mission San Xavier del Bac and the Titan II Missile Museum. Those are wonderful adventures that I'd recommend to everyone. I almost missed my tour of the missile museum cuz I desperately needed a nap, but I managed to make it and that was an awesome experience!
I took pictures and video of the pool areas and room.

Room Tip: If you have children, do not book a pool side room. The pool and jacuzzi areas are not safe and the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 56Pass
Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013

we are going over all points mentioned by you, and will surely check into any safety issues. On behalf of my entire team we regret not living up to your expectations and would appreciate the chance to redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly if I may be of service for any future travel needs 520 625 2250.
Seattle
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A lovely spacious room and a comfortable bed which is the most important criteria in a room. We were there to visit Madera Canyon for the migrating birds; San Xavier del Bac; Buenas Aires NWR and Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve. The 19th Hole restaurant in the hotel and very good fresh food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In the past I have stayed at very nice Best Western properties in the western United States. This hotel is not one of them. The downtown location was good, the staff was fine, but the odor of sickly cleaning chemicals permeated the hotel. Our eyes watered as we entered the hallway and got worse in the room. It was intolerable, sort of like the old rental car smell. Every piece of fabric and carpeting needs to be ripped out of the hotel to correct this. A new coat of lighter colored paint in the room would help (our wall was a drab, dark, greenish-gold color). To make matters worse, the pricing was very steep considering we were coming out of the high season. The lack of any decent competition in downtown Green Valley is apparent. There are a number of excellent properties on the outskirts of town and in neighboring communities. Find one and stay there, not here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I thank you for your response and would like you to know we are in the process of deep cleaning all carpeting in the hotel at this point. Touring the property today I have made a change to the cleaner used in the extraction method.

If I may be of any help for future travel needs please contact me directly @ 520 625 2250, so we may ensure your stay is a positive one for you and your family.
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a nice Motel, Clean,Clean,Clean ... Quite too. Nice furnishings and a good Bed with nice Pillows. The room was large and comfortable ... The grounds were impeccable ...

Enjoyed my stay there ...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel was very clean. The front desk staff was friendly. The over all appearance the hotel was clean. Breakfast was served which was nice. The over all experience was great. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Green Valley
Casino Del Sol
Casino Del Sol
#9 of 130 in Tucson
Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Green Valley Inn? Share your experiences!