“Diner-style, good food, friendly service”
Review of Spanky's at the Hop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spanky's at the Hop
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hubby and I eat at Twist and Shout (no longer Spanky's, a chain; this is family-owned) now and then, and sometimes with friends. Everything seems to be prepared while you wait, and what we've eaten has been good. I usually order their chicken sandwiches (several good toppings) - they're huge and grilled just right, not overcooked as many places do - and sometimes soup (they make their own) and barbecue beef. The hamburgers are large and good, with a variety of toppings, and breakfast is yummy - lots of choices, but I usually order the eggs benedict or an omelet. French fries and other sides are tasty and seem to be freshly made. One time the onion rings were awesome, but the next they were greasy and falling apart. The only thing I've eaten at T&S that wasn't great was the tuna melt (altho was awhile ago, and I'm thinking it might have been under the previous owners). Friends have had their milkshakes and desserts and have always been happy.

The wait staff, wearing 50's garb, has always been friendly, helpful and professional. The restaurant is cute, w/ diner-style decor; seems clean. When the place is full, don't count on intimate conversations - it's quite noisy. Patio was a bit messy this time, but it's summer and nobody sits out anyway. I think the prices are fine, considering how much food you get. (Seniors, note in the summer on Sundays there is a special deal - buy one, get half off the second.) Try it - you'll like it!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. The new owners, Greg and Amy, are great! The food is classic diner food and tastes wonderful. Amy bakes the desserts fresh and what's not to love a bout spirited milk shakes?!?

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Went there a couple of times this season, the last time being Easter Sunday. Very friendly staff that gave excellent service. Food was fine, although I must state that I've only sampled a limited number of items on their menu. It's a good place to go in the area for a casual meal. Just a note about finding the place; it's located in a mall area, way to the right and in the rear. Also, I noticed today that outside seating was available, which might be a nice option when the sun goes down a bit.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

Spanky's has changed hands and it's so much better now. It's called "Greg & Amy's Twist & Shout" and you can be sure your order is made right and the service is greatly improved. The owners or managers are always refilling drinks, checking on people and they seem genuinely glad to be there. Long gone are the long faces, crappy service.... I tried several times before to enjoy my over cooked cheeseburgers but now my family and I go there several times a month and we look forward to it. I love the patio! Happy Hour works for me too. I wish they would get sports on the TV though and when I mentioned it to the owner he said he would have it by the Summer. Coach's has seen my last shadow.

Reviewed October 19, 2008

Spankys is a breath of fresh air to the past. A wonderful enviornment that takes you back to the good ol days. Not to mention that the food is beyond good, it is fabulous!!!! They make terriffic everything plus the help is wonderful and super friendly. I recommend it more than any other restaurant in the area. You can't beat the service, the smiles, AND the great food. The portions are generous and the prices are way more than fair. Don't pass up the opportunity to go back to the 50's where everything was better!!!! MJ Murphy

1  Thank 4theloveofgoodfood