“Perfectly nice place for a bite to eat in Green Valley”
Review of Spanky's at the Hop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spanky's at the Hop
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Went there a couple of times this season, the last time being Easter Sunday. Very friendly staff that gave excellent service. Food was fine, although I must state that I've only sampled a limited number of items on their menu. It's a good place to go in the area for a casual meal. Just a note about finding the place; it's located in a mall area, way to the right and in the rear. Also, I noticed today that outside seating was available, which might be a nice option when the sun goes down a bit.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

Spanky's has changed hands and it's so much better now. It's called "Greg & Amy's Twist & Shout" and you can be sure your order is made right and the service is greatly improved. The owners or managers are always refilling drinks, checking on people and they seem genuinely glad to be there. Long gone are the long faces, crappy service.... I tried several times before to enjoy my over cooked cheeseburgers but now my family and I go there several times a month and we look forward to it. I love the patio! Happy Hour works for me too. I wish they would get sports on the TV though and when I mentioned it to the owner he said he would have it by the Summer. Coach's has seen my last shadow.

Reviewed October 19, 2008

Spankys is a breath of fresh air to the past. A wonderful enviornment that takes you back to the good ol days. Not to mention that the food is beyond good, it is fabulous!!!! They make terriffic everything plus the help is wonderful and super friendly. I recommend it more than any other restaurant in the area. You can't beat the service, the smiles, AND the great food. The portions are generous and the prices are way more than fair. Don't pass up the opportunity to go back to the 50's where everything was better!!!! MJ Murphy

1  Thank 4theloveofgoodfood
Reviewed September 13, 2008

The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. We had the prime rib special which ordered rare was more like medium well so it was flavorless and a little chewyThe woolfman also ordered rare was well done and the onion strings on top were burned to charcoal. The order was messed up but our waitress was nice if a bit scattered. The real problem was the boorish owner who complained about how cheap people in Green Valley are and how they should appreciate his prices when asked about something on the menu that had nothing to do with price. If he doesn't like the people in Green Valley he really should start a restaurant somewhere else.

2  Thank Artistseye