“Extremely Pleased”

Comfort Suites Goodyear
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Were in town for mix of business and pleasure. The place was just perfect for our needs. It was comfortable, affordable, professional staff and the location was great - close to freeway access, shopping and restaurants. We would definitely return and also recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everyone here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. You actually feel "welcome". Internet speed is much better than normal. Download speed is about 20mb per second. Plenty good for watching Netflix or Hulu. I love this place and am sure to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, very quite at all times. Except when band played at night on Thursday & Friday, so ask for room on back side. Breakfast was good with lots to choose from along with big eating area. Great location right off I-10. Staff friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeri Y
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this property several times when in the Goodyear area. It is very clean, a great breakfast room, and the staff is exceptionally friendly. It is a good value and a great place to stop when in the Goodyear, Arizona area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Helped a family member move to Goodyear, AZ during the "hottest" weekend of the year. Booked a room online. Good rates. Rooms are very nice and spacious and the air conditioner worked great! Pleasant staff. Breakfast is included and was great. The only problem we encountered is the restaurant by the hotel, Augie's Sports Bar, had a live band that night. They play on the patio outside the restaurant. I could hear them play for 2 hours. I would have preferred to be on the other side of the hotel. The music did stop at 10:00 pm. I will say when I was in the hallway I did not hear the music until I entered our room. All in all, would stay there again but would ask for a room on the South side of the hotel and check the entertainment at the sports bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsmunkyby
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Newer hotel quiet,clean good breakfast. As it should be. Very nice friendly helpful staff . Just down the road is the stadium for the Indians. Food and Walmart very close . Ask for an upgrade worth it for a big room.

Room Tip: Just off I10 west of 101 loop
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vdubfixer
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was traveling by car to CA and got a late start. It was during the heat wave. I did not want to be crossing deserts at 122 degrees. My car is a 2010 but I still didn't want to risk it. So spur of the moment, I called the hotel to see if they had a room. The woman who answered the phone was snappy (in a good way) and funny. They had one room available. I needed *very* early check in. I was traveling with dogs and we couldn't just hang out in the 110 weather outside.

When I arrived the guests leaving our room had only just checked out. The housekeeping staff was cleaning. 20 minutes was predicted. Well, 3 young baseball players had shared the room the night before. And it was a disaster. Many of the ball players were milling around the lobby waiting for some sort of transportation. These young men were rude. I was really astonished by the lack of manners. Of course, this is not about the hotel or the staff. But if any of the summer league associated people read this: please teach your players some basic rules of gentlemanly conduct. Offer your seat to a woman. Don't throw balls against the walls of the lobby. Don't just plop your bags all over the lobby. Don't put your feet up on the coffee table in the lobby. This is not your family room. This is a public place. You represent yourself, your family, your team and your sport poorly when you act like entitled little boys instead of respectful, humble young men.

So, the hotel... The front desk staff were great. They did everything they could to get our room ready. But it took 3 housekeeping staff over an hour to undo the mess left by the previous 3 guests. So the manager comped me part of the room, which covered the cost of the pet fee. I sincerely appreciate this a whole lot.

When we got to the room, it was clean and smelled great. You never would have known the disaster area it had been. (I sneaked down the hall and peeked). The TV didn't work, but I was honestly unwilling to call and ask for it to be fixed. I just used the internet instead. The door made a horrible horrible squeaky screaming sound when opened. I didn't take the time to complain about that either. We just wanted respite from heat, a place to sleep.

We got takeout from Chili's bc the hotel doesn't allow dogs left in rooms unattended even if they are secured in a travel kennel. I am finding that with most hotels that accept dogs. I am stuck in my room if I don't take my dogs out with me. Luckily my daughter is traveling with me and drives so we can alternate who goes out. I understand this restriction bc of lonely barking, whining dogs. But my dogs don't do that.

We left before dawn to beat the heat. When I went to look for a luggage cart, there were none. THe front desk guy went searching and there were none on any hallway on any floor. So someone had chosen to hoard it in their room. Well, 2 rooms had hoarded the 2 of them. I appreciated the night guy for taking the time to look.

I didn't have breakfast there. The breakfast area was huge and nice. The pool area looked nice.

The snacks available for sale at the front desk were varied and pretty comprehensive.

The best thing about this place is the staff. They really were on top of their game. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gotmywings6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
3 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Residence Inn Phoenix Goodyear

Been to Comfort Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!