“Great Lunch before Spring Training”

Macayo's Mexican Kitchen - Goodyear
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Goodyear
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Macayo's Goodyear, at McDowell and Litchfield! We're one of the Macayo's family owned & locally operated restaurants. We celebrate Happy Hour Mon-Fri from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm with $3 off appetizers and $3 drink specials. When You're Hungry for Tradition! Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 am - 10 pm Fri 11 am - 11 pm Sat 11 am - 11 pm Sunday 11 am - 10 pm
Phoenix
“Great Lunch before Spring Training”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had lunch with two out of town visitors before they went to catch an Indian's ballgame out in Goodyear. We arrived just as the restaurant opened, so we felt like we had the place to ourself! Timing is everything. Erika waited on us and got our drink and meal orders quickly. Our food arrived hot and fresh; they didn't seem to be under the heating lights at all. The chicken wraps that I ordered were crunchy, and the lettuce was fresh. The tortilla bread was soft and pleasantly chewy. My out of town friends enjoyed their entrees but couldn't finish them (I should have recommended that they get the lighter meals, but they didn't seem to mind). The lunch specials were priced a little less than the dinner offerings, so my friends had extra money leftover for baseball souvenirs. I would definitely reccommend Macayo's before a spring baseball game!

• Visited March 2013
Macayo M, Online Marketing at Macayo's Mexican Kitchen - Goodyear, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi Jane,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Macayo's! We are very happy you joined us before the spring training game! We look forward to having you visit one of our locations again soon!

“So very bad”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Sorry, this is about the worst Mexican restaurant I have ever been in and I eat and love Mexican food. The food was bland and tasteless unless you like chile powder which is all I could taste.

• Visited January 2013
Goodyear, Arizona
“Better Mexican Food Elsewhere”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Macayo's has been a serial-disappointer going back for many years since I have eaten there in 2003. I have been here for a number of gatherings, and every time, I find myself making excuses to come back and give it another try. After the last time in October, I vowed not to do it again.

Pricing is typical for a Mexican restaurant in the area, but the food just is not that great. Things tend to be inconsistent, whether that be the service or the food quality. The salsa is fairly tasty, but for some reason, you will not be able to get it off your breath for a day or so. It is really not that fresh. They also like to upcharge significantly for any little extras, such as sour cream or a little cheese on the side. Drink service has always been ridiculously slow at this location (I have had much better service at the Desert Sky Mall location). Iced teas run dry routinely.

The entrees themselves are not that good, either. I have always had an issue with one thing or another. Everything tastes like it was made the day before and reheated. For the prices of the entrees, I could suggest a multitude of alternatives in the area that taste better. Manuel's, Raul & Theresa's (very good), or even Arriba are within a couple of miles or so and are much better. For a really good experience, consider Abuelos in Peoria or (even better) Chevy's in the Arrowhead Mall in Glendale. We have many choices for Mexican food in the Southwest, and Macayo's is among my least-favorites.

Visited October 2012
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We go to Macayos everytime we visit my daughter. I have tried a multitude of menu items and never been disapointed. Steak Cortez is one of my favorites.
There are usually people waiting for tables but we usually find a table in the bar without waiting. It's more a restaurant than bar atmosphere and the lighting is brighter. Good thing if you need reading glasses
Good way to go for party of 4 or less.
More than 4, wait for a table.
I personally like the unlimited chips and salsa although might be too hot for some.
Service usually good but on occsaion you get a server that doesn't seem to understand the job.
Not a reason to avoid the place though

Campo, CA
“This is NOT Mexican food!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Gosh, how can I say yuck in 50 characters? This place was just plain nasty. Not even close to Mexican food. Their salsa tastes like ketchup that had been spiced up with cayenne pepper and chili powder.

Visited November 2012