“This is NOT Mexican food!”

Macayo's Mexican Kitchen - Goodyear
Ranked #25 of 136 Restaurants in Goodyear
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Macayo's Goodyear, at McDowell and Litchfield! We're one of the Macayo's family owned & locally operated restaurants. We celebrate Happy Hour Mon-Fri from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm with $3 off appetizers and $3 drink specials. When You're Hungry for Tradition! Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 am - 10 pm Fri 11 am - 11 pm Sat 11 am - 11 pm Sunday 11 am - 10 pm
Campo, CA
“This is NOT Mexican food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Gosh, how can I say yuck in 50 characters? This place was just plain nasty. Not even close to Mexican food. Their salsa tastes like ketchup that had been spiced up with cayenne pepper and chili powder.

Visited November 2012

Goodyear, Arizona
“Macayos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a ok chicken fajita dinner was hot and service was quick!! the atmosphere was noisy due to lot of kids there with their parents.The margarita wasnt good at all!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank debaden_12
puerto penasco
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

When in the Phoenix area, we always look for a Macayos for dinner. The service is always fast and friendly, and the food is always hot and delicious. My favorite is the green corn tamale with baja sauce.

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Have eaten at others, it's a chain. This was the best of them all. had a pina colada and their queso dip. mexican pizza both were out standing. if I go back would order the same

Phoenix, Arizona
“Can't understand the positive reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

First of all, I would like to acknowledge that this review has nothing to do with the staff. Our waitress was very pleasant, friendly, and attentive, as was every other staff member with whom we interacted. The positives ended there, though. The salsa is probably the most bland salsa I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant. I asked for spicier salsa, and it wasn't any better-- and definitely was NOT spicy. Onto our meals. Very overpriced, to begin with. $11 to choose 2 items off of an a la carte menu? Seriously? My husband thought his meal was just okay (chicken enchilada and chile relleno), but the enchilada sauce was horribly bland. I ordered the vegetable fajitas. They brought out the standard fajita plate (guac, sour cream, tomatos, lettuce, beans, tortillas), but the vegetable fajita dish was steamed broccoli, squash, and zuccinni with absolutely no seasonings. I've NEVER had a Mexican restaurant serve me plain steamed broccoli for fajitas! I asked about the traditional fajita vegetables (the grilled, seasoned peppers and onions) and was told that I would have to pay extra for a side of them. Wait... I ordered veggie fajitas but actual fajita veggies cost extra?? By the end of the meal, we had paid almost $30 when we could have had a better "Mexican" meal at Taco Bell for $7. I won't be going back to Macayo's... even if someone else is picking up the tab.

• Visited August 2012