Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I think this is the first time, I have given a 5 star to any hotel. The bed was so comfortable! My wife who has trouble sleeping away from home (including cruise ships) slept all night. They give you 4 pillows, two soft, and two hard ,my wife loves the hard ones. The staff were great, the breakfast was to die for, the employee that takes care of providing breakfast saw me carrying a thermos and she asked if she could fill it for me. A truly top notch place to stay, we would highly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express I-10 West Phoenix/Goodyear. We have received many compliments on our new pillows! I am very pleased your wife was able to sleep so well! We understand it can be hard to be away from home. I will be showing your comments to our staff, especially our breakfast bar hostesses. I know they will be very pleased your were touched by their gesture. I hope to see you again on your next trip through town. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent one night here as we started a western tour. Staff was very helpful and friendly. There are many nearby restaurants and shopping areas. Hotel is very convenient to I-10. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Breakfast is good and the attendent was fantastic in keeping everything well stocked. The only upgrades I would suggest are to replace the worn carpets in and near the elevators. They look shabby and are not consistent with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased we took such good care of you at the Holiday Inn Express in Goodyear AZ. I will forward your comments to all of my staff, I know they will be pleased to here them. You will be pleased to know that come this August we will be conducting a hallway carpet renovation. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your tour!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, with nice rooms, a great pool and hands-down the best staff I've encountered anywhere. They're helpful and fast. The rooms are clean and spacious. The pool's a treat and breakfast featured a good variety of hot and cold items. This was a great value for us and if we're back in Phoenix, we'll check in there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that my staff took such good care of you during your trip. We strive very hard to be number one in customer service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family and I stayed her one night in April 2014. We were greeted cheerfully and checked in right away. We had two rooms fairly close to each other. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in walking distance to shops center and good places to eat (definitely go to Raul & Theresa's Mexican food right next door). The morning breakfast was nothing special but good. The hotel itself is close to the I-10 freeway - but not close enough where you hear the freeway traffic. It's on busy Litchfield Road but again, we didn't hear any traffic noise. I'd recommend this hotel for stays on the west side of Phoenix.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your reveiw. I am happy we were able to accomadate both you and your party with rooms close to eachother. I also love Raul and Theresa's! They make the best fajita's! I hope you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Every thing was as expected. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was also very good. We had room #128 on the ground floor which is an ADA bath with small tub and shower. It even had the small shower chair which all worked well. HOWEVER, there needs to be two handrails added in the tub area so one may pull himself up. With a lot of effort and help from my travel friend it all worked OK, and no one fell.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am happy that the room suited you well. I am also pleased to let you know that this week we are installing addtional hand rails in room 128 in order to make the tub more accessible. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip through town.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel & is easily located just off the 10 freeway. The rooms are clean & beds comfortable. A continental breakfast is available. The staff is friendly & they do there best to make sure your stay is going well. There are several restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotel, along with a family owned movie theater & Target. The hotel is approximately 15 minutes from Jobing Arena & Camelback Ranch. Look forward to our stay next March 2015.

Cheryl A.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for visiting us again! It is wonderful that you found our hotel to be centrally located to your needs. Remember when dining in the area that many of the local hot spots offer discounts to our guests! We will see you again next year for Spring Training!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was a blast. The hotel was neat, clean and staff was perfect. The hotel is small but serves its purpose well. I would stay again. Whatever your desire, it is within walking distance or a short walk.

Room Tip: A very good location near shops and restaurants.