Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Every thing was as expected. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was also very good. We had room #128 on the ground floor which is an ADA bath with small tub and shower. It even had the small shower chair which all worked well. HOWEVER, there needs to be two handrails added in the tub area so one may pull himself up. With a lot of effort and help from my travel friend it all worked OK, and no one fell.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am happy that the room suited you well. I am also pleased to let you know that this week we are installing addtional hand rails in room 128 in order to make the tub more accessible. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip through town.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel & is easily located just off the 10 freeway. The rooms are clean & beds comfortable. A continental breakfast is available. The staff is friendly & they do there best to make sure your stay is going well. There are several restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotel, along with a family owned movie theater & Target. The hotel is approximately 15 minutes from Jobing Arena & Camelback Ranch. Look forward to our stay next March 2015.

Cheryl A.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for visiting us again! It is wonderful that you found our hotel to be centrally located to your needs. Remember when dining in the area that many of the local hot spots offer discounts to our guests! We will see you again next year for Spring Training!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was a blast. The hotel was neat, clean and staff was perfect. The hotel is small but serves its purpose well. I would stay again. Whatever your desire, it is within walking distance or a short walk.

Room Tip: A very good location near shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am pleased that you were so fond of our hotel. It is true, we are located within a moments walk of many different shopping and dining opitions. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend to visit family. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did notice after checking in that carpets were stained and were old but other then that they were clean. Our room was also clean and the bed was comfortable and surprising and so were the pillows. The room was quiet from outside noise and everything in the room was in working order. The hotel is located just off the Interstate 10 and right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, a movie theater was right behind the hotel, just to the north is a Target and there are several places to eat in the area, all within walking distance. Before booking here we compared prices from other hotels and found all were about the same price. We usually stay at another hotel when we visit but wanted to try something new so overall we were pleased with our stay at the hotel and would stay again. We were so busy I did not have time to check out the pool or spa so no opinion there.

Room Tip: rooms facing east have the bright sunlight in the morning and if you hate this ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and giving us a try on your last trip through town. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again on your next trip through Goodyear, AZ.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights in a suite during spring training. We paid $250 a night. For that, I would expect a 4-star hotel or something close to it. But this is an average and rundown 2-star hotel that is definitely showing its age.

The carpeting throughout the building is dirty and stained. How and why a major chain like Holiday Inn would tolerate that is beyond me.

There is only one rickety elevator that is shared by both the hotel guests and the cleaning staff.

Our suite was spacious enough, but the couch in the living area does not convert into a bed -- meaning we had to get a roll away bed to put in the room -- making the room smaller.

Incredibly, there is only one light fixture in the bathroom and the on/off switch is poorly located.

Breakfast buffet is adequate at best. It is not "free" -- you pay for it in the room rate -- and the rates are so high I would expect more food choices.

The "gym" has 3 piece of equipment.

Air conditioning is noisy.

Convenient location near I-10, restaurants, movie theater and stores.

As others have said,, the hotel staff is first rate. Helpful, enthusiastic and friendly. I only wish the hotel itself only measured up to the quality of its employees.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn or Marriott across the street. You may pay more, but you'd get your money...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I am very sorry you were so disappointed in our hotel. I am sorry that you felt our rates were high, our busiest season in Phoenix begins in late January and ends mid April. This is due to the large amount of events in town, such as NASCAR Sprint Cup, Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, MLB Spring Training , The Waste Management Phoenix Open, Luke Air Force Base Air Show, and numerous other weekend events.

Yes, our hotel is an older facility, but we strive to maintain it daily. You will be pleased to know that all of the carpet will soon be replaced.

We do have one elevator, although I would never describe it as rickety. It is kept in good working order. The staff and the guests do use the same elevator, as is common in a property of this size.

Our parlor suites are spacious, I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the couch. We do not however advertise that we have pull out couches. I am glad that we were able to provide a roll away.

I am sorry for the poor lighting in the bathroom, this is something we will work to improve in our renovation later this year.

Our breakfast buffet is included with your rate. We offer a variety of items such as; western and cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, our famous cinnamon rolls as well as muffins, a selection of breads, including French toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and hot coffee, tea and juices, all according to brand standards. Very soon we will be offering turkey bacon, an oatmeal station and Greek yogurt.

Our fitness room does have three pieces of equipment including a bicycle, treadmill and weight machine.

I apologize that your air conditioner was noisy. I am not sure if you reported this to the front desk or not, but I will have our maintenance department check all of our Parlor Suites so ensure that is corrected.

I am glad that my staff was first rate. I truly am very sorry that you departed with suck a bad perception of my hotel. That is something we never want to have happen. As I said, we are changing the carpet out within the next two months, that will be followed up later in the year by a complete renovation of the entire property. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while on business in the area. This hotel is very conveniently next to I10.
The rooms were average in size and well appointed. The breakfast service for early risers was excellent. The food was plentiful with a nice southwestern flare and the wait staff was very friendly and most accommodating. I also had dinner in the lounge which was very good as well. I would recommend this hotel for any business person looking for good food, friendly staff, clean rooms and convenience to a major highway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased that you were happy with our hotel, I hope to see you again on your next trip to Goodyear!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for my daughters Volleyball tournament in Buckeye, AZ. The hotel is in a great location. It is seconds off of the Interstate. It has plenty of places to eat to include a Cracker Barrel right next door. Also has a Target behind it. Nice and clean lobby. Nice staff. Good breakfast considering it is free. Ordered a pizza from Domino's and it arrived in 15 minutes!! Only negative I saw was the dirty/stained carpet in my room. I did have a beeping fire alarm but the staff fixed it right away after I notified them. The mattress was not very comfortable but I am spoiled by my home mattress and this is a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that we were able to meet your travel needs. I am pleased that the staff was able to correct your beeping smoke alarm quickly and that you did not loose to much sleep over it. You will be happy to hear that we have recently had our carpets cleaned. I hope we see you again in the future and good luck to your daughters volleyball team.