“Good location and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“Good location and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Cincinnati Reds spring training. It is a great location for all the spring training sites on the west side of Phoenix. It is also a great location because there are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. It is close to I-10, but the noise is not bad or excessive and our room was on the interstate side of the property. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I agree with the other reviewers that the rooms could be freshened but they were comfortable and had everything you needed. Breakfast was good and the woman who was responsible for preparing it every morning was absolutely wonderful. If you need to be in the Goodyear area, this hotel would be a good choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I always welcome reviews from my guests and really enjoyed reading yours! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your last stay with us. I am so happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Both of our breakfast ladies, Herlinda and Christine, take great pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and taken care of. I look forward to seeing you again next year for Spring Training! Enjoy the rest of baseball season and GO REDS!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located to the interstate and property looks nice. Recognized me as a Platinum Priority but ran out of the bottled water acknowledgement. Room was upgraded. Lots of trouble with the wi-fi and went to front desk, very nice person, who called tech in Canada who was very hard to understand, and with a few minutes on the phone got it working again until I got back to the room. The room was OK with a dance hall feel, was poorly arranged, with cracks in the whirlpool tub and missing spindles on one side of the table desk. Closet door/ mirror drags on floor and the ridiculous vent fan noise in the bathroom was crazy. Breakfast was so-so and just didn't have the feel of all the other properties I stay in. Will probably stay somewhere different next time. Room value is not there either. Not the Holiday Inn Express feel I am used too.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary S
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate your incite and will use the information provided in order to create a better guest experience for all of our guests.
Please know that I am personally reviewing all your concerns with my maintenance department in order to make sure that all components of the room are up to par.
Please contact me directly so I can locate the suite you stayed in and take care of the concerns you
listed.
Best regards,
Hilary Burt
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on night on a long road trip. The hotel is in a very fast growing area of Phoenix so the amenities nearby are plentiful. The property is an older property and the rooms could use and upgrade in furnishings. The breakfast was good as are all HI Expresses.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lucas B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is our goal to meet the needs and expectations of all of our guests. We are a slightly older hotel, but strive to maintain high levels of cleanliness and customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is an adequate hotel, good area, lots of shopping and restaurants close by...the hotel itself looks good on the main floor, but the rooms look like they could use some updating as showing sings of wear. Room did have a comfortable bed, TV was on a low dresser, could have been a little higher...room did have a microwave and small fridge, coffee maker....breakfast was good, usual fare for an HIE...staff were nice and friendly....just prefer the Holiday Inn Suites at the next exit Avondale...it's a nicer, newer one in my opinion...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feed back, it seems that our hotel may not have been the best fit for your needs. We are very happy that you are choosing to stay within our brand family. If I can ever be of any further assistance to you though, please don't hesistate to contact me, I would love to help.
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was once again going to Phoenix and my first choice of hotel was not available. To bad for them because I now have a new first choice. The staff was fantastic and made me feel as though I was among friends. The breakfast although not as fancy as some was always very good. The room was perfect. I also enjoyed the pool area and the hot tub really helped after a day at work. The other thing that I really like about this hotel is that it is close to virtually anything you could want. Tons of shopping and resturants and a theatre all within walking distance and plenty more choices just a short drive away.Holiday Inn express has become one of my favorites and this was one of the best yet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucas B, Front Office Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
David,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful review. We could not be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and have made us your first choice; we are beyond excited to have you back in your future travels. The surrounding area is perfect as you mentioned and we are so thankful to the surrounding business for supplying our guests with discounts at their restaurants, it's such a great asset for our guests. We are pleased you felt you were among friends because when you stay here at the Holiday Inn Express you truly are surrounded by friend, we feel the same about our guests. It is also nice that you had the time to enjoy our hot tub after a long day of travelling and working, trips should be about unwinding and relaxing and we are glad you had a chance to do just that.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating your future travels.
tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the check in to the check out, no complaints. We could hear the TV coming from the room next door while we were entering our room, once inside we could hear nothing! We both slept all night which doesn't happen often in a hotel for us!
The young man that checked us in could not have been nicer. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucas B, Front Office Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hi Garrygls,

I would like to first thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am pleased to hear you had a nice and comforting stay; we all know how important a good night's sleep is while on the road!
I am happy to hear our front desk staff treated you well, it is our goal to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed and at home. I would like to ask you for your check-in date so that I can forward your compliment on to the appropriate associate. Please feel free to respond to me whenever is convenient for you.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is very important to us and something we take to heart as we strive to exceed expectations. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Goodyear, AZ.
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Holiday Inn Express has moved up in the world! This place was immaculate (including the breakfast area) comfortable, and well located. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sedonadiner
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Goodyear takes pride in exceeding the expectations of all of our guests while striving to make them at home during their stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Goodyear AZ and thank you for your positive review.