“Very Pleased”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Hamilton
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

After reading previous reviews, I was a little concerned, but because it was close to our destination, we chose it.
It is now under new management and has been renovated. Betty the check in clerk was delightful, and more than accomodating.
I have stayed here before many years ago and was not that happy, but the new management have really done wonders.
Best tip!!!! The Big Bear Diner beside the Quality, excellent food and prices, and with the hotel key you get a discount.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
None_8, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Hello Wizzy00,

I would like to thank yo for staying with us at the Quality Inn and Suites Goodyear, AZ. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience, while visiting our hotel. We take pride in making sure that all of our guests are very delighted with their stay, and they recommend us to their freinds, familys and co-workers.

We appreciate your honesty, and patronage of the Quality Inn and Suites in Goodyear!

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
california
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Nice place and the staff was frendly. We had a good night sleep and we enjoyed the breakfast before we left for home.

• Liked — The room was great, nice and comfortable
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
None_8, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Hello CaliSweetheart,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn and Suites of Goodyear, when you visited recently.

We have recently added hot items to our breakfast menu, and we are getting a great response from the guests who tried it. I would like to invite you to the Quality Inn and Suites on your next visit to Phoenix/Goodyear area.

Please call the Hotel directly to get the best rates.

SanDiego
Reviewed January 9, 2009

The hotel was a very clean and presentable property. Landscaping looked very well take care of, the first impression was great.

The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and it is right off of I-10 which was nice.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, it was terrific stay, and I would definetly come back again.

• Liked — Very Cozy
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Hello Diego-100,

Thanks for staying with us, We really appreciate it!

Thank You very Much!
San Diego
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I was in town for a business meeting in phoenix and Goodyear, and i stayed at the Quality Inn in Goodyear. A co-worker had told me about the place, about how they had just done some renovations, and the staff was very nice. I decided to try it out, and he was right. The hotel is very nice and clean. The rooms were in excellent condition, the staff was very helpful, the housekeeping did a great job, it was spotless. The Bar manager was great. Over all this was an excellent stay, and I will reccommend to all of my co-workers and friends. We will definetly make the swith to this hotel for our company. Good work!

• Liked — Location and Rooms Quality
  • Disliked — Everything was perfect
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

your feedback is very appreciated!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I had read all the negative reviews. And then read the management response. "OK," I thought, "makes sense and the price is right." Wrong!

I arrived to check in and discoved the property is behind - I think it was a gas station. No street frontage. THis area of Goodyear is among the oldest and least developed. And sort of seedy.

I went to check in and -- and since I noticed it was 2 story with pretty certainly no elevator--I asked about a first floor room. "No" was the answer. SO I had to ask one of the workmen to carry my bags up the steps. You see the property is still in the process of being refurbished, and apparently only occupied to a small degree. Grubby workmen were all over the place. And the front stairs had no railing, the back stairs railing was coming loose. The halls were not maintained, but the room seemed cleaned and well air conditioned.

My daughter came up to get me at the hotel, took one look around and told me I was not staying there. She called the nearby Wigwam in Litchfield Park (4 or 5 star resort) and since it was summer , she managed to negotiate me a very good price on a suite! It cost more of course, but not THAT much more. Moral is: Don't be afraid to ASK for a better price during the summer in Phoenix. And skip this one.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Qualityhunter014
None_8, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, November 18, 2008
Hello TripAdvisor Users!!

First I would like to say that we are not behind a gas staion? We are in the same parking area as the famous Black Bear Diner, which is a very good restaurant. Also, we are not in a bad part town. Some of the businesses that adjoin us are: Mcdonalds, Waffle House, IHOP, Home Depot, Sams Club, In and Out Burger, Holiday Inn and Suites, Wal-mart, LA Fitness and list goes on and on. We are right off of I-10, and location is very convenient for most of our guests.

I am not sure if the previous reviewer has made a mistake and confused us with another hotel? Although there are no other hotel in Goodyear that is Behind a Gas Station.

The Quality Inn has been completely renovated inside and out, and the property is in great condition. If you notice that our price is one of the most reasonable price in the Goodyear area. You are getting alot for what your paying.

We have a heated pool, Free Continental Breakfast, with fresh hot Belgian Waffles, Free WiFi, meeting facility, Restaurant on site with a lounge, Garden area, with barbeques and benches.

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but I dont beleive that one bad experience should should give the Quality Inn a black mark on its name.

We have a lot of great people who stay with us on a regular basis, and they have a great stay. Unfortunately, many people who have a great time, do not necessarily take the time to write reviews, because it is expected of a business to provide a great experience.

It is someone who has a bad experience who will go out of there way to make a business look bad. Our intentions are never to have a substandard property, but if something fell throuhg the cracks, and someone had a bad experience, we apologize for that.

Give us a chance to make it right when you are at the property, not when you have the left the hotel. We can not fix or look at your issues when you have left.

I hope this is helpful in making your decision, to stay at a hotel in Goodyear. At Quality Inn, we live up to our name.

Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!