“What an Inhospitable Experience!”

Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Dallas, Texas
“What an Inhospitable Experience!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My daughter and I were exhausted and needed a room. We were driving an 18' foot moving truck with a flat-bed trailer attached. I parked out front across several spots that were weren't being used because they were less than convenient for most travelers.

Upon check-in, the clerk told me I'd have to park in the "truck lot," where all the spots were pull in and back out. She was out of permits, but sloppily hand wrote one for me to place on the windshield. After looking at the lot, I was practically in tears as I told her that we could not negotiate the parking as required. She staunchly insisted that we had to move the truck.

In the meantime, my daughter went next door to the Super 8, where the clerk kindly offered us parking. She also suggested that we could change motels and sleep in rooms nearer where we were invited to leave the truck either way.

At Quality Inn, the desk person did refund my money, but she was also rude to my daughter. Moreover, I witnessed her rudeness to another guest who had left his driver's license at the desk. Would not stay here after that experience for anything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DTPegasus
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I wanted to say I am very sorry for your experience at our Quality Inn and Suites. We hope you will give us another chance to give you a perfect stay! Thank you.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hotel staff was friendly, the room was straight out of the 70's the a/c was very loud made it hard to sleep. Breakfast was a disappointment went down it was pretty picked over and it was only 8:00 there were no eggs and only a few bagels and biscuits and gravy. I probably won't stay again it is not worth the money

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharG70
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, your comments have been sent to the General Manager, and we hope we will see you again. Thank you.
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I must say that this was my first visit to Arizona and had very little knowledge of the area. I asked what there was to do in the area and the front desk was very helpful with providing information on the various attractions. The motel room was very clean and pleasant. If given the choice I would stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: If you have a preference for the room location i would stay on the higher floor away from the inters...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank noraewen
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel dirty grungy including General manager who wanted to put 2 children into a dirty disgusting smoking room and would not give me my money back when I said I couldn't put my children in that room. She has no conscience only out for the almighty dollar. Showed up to talk to me in jeans and a grungy t-shirt don't bother calling quality inn hotline they will not help either. Please do not stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Go to Hampton 5mins away
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeri S
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I am sorry your stay was not the perfect one. Our GM is one of the best, and you happened to encounter her during our opening renovation of our new bar, hence the job was a dirty one of unpacking and preparing for the grand opening. She wanted to see you when you requested to see her, its most important to address guest concerns immediately as she always does. Thank you.
Utah
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I arrived in Good Year to find the Quality Inn more dated than the photos appear. It's an older, motor-inn style with the room entrances all from outside, but in decent repair, and it sits next to the freeway. There's a bar attached with some local quasi-bikers playing pool - not the types you'll find on the other side of I-10 at the Holiday Inn Express. I waited in line behind another customer while her friend, waiting in his pickup outside the lobby doors, obnoxiously revved his engine. When she rejoined him in the pick-em-up truck, he left an impressive patch of skid marks as he squealed the tires in a hurry to get to their room.

Under normal circumstances, I would have scooted right out of there and headed for the Holiday Inn Express, but my room was prepaid (no refunds) so I was committed. The staff was courteous and friendly. My room was through a courtyard and I passed the pool and hot tub to get to it. In the hot tub was a middle-aged couple getting friendly and the was uncomfortable to witness.

My room was updated with a modern look, flat-panel TV, a comfortable bed and clean linens. It was monsoon season and had been raining that evening so the A/C was a must. It roared on and clicked off as it cycled, but it was so loud, I opted to leave the A/C fan on all night so I didn't have to put up with the it roaring to life and scaring me out of bed. I'll call it ambient noise.

The continental breakfast included a mess of overcooked scrambled eggs, some thinly sliced ham (think prepacked deli meat) warmed with some cereals and toast. It was a trucker crowd - I think I was the only one not wearing a bluetooth with a boom mic in the room. The highlight of my stay was watching the truck driver stuff his pockets with small packets of peanut butter and jam intended for the toast.

The short of it is, if you can get to your room with out getting grossed out or hit by one of the trucks in the parking lot, the rooms are fine. If I had to do it over again, I would have opted for a more reliable brand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. The great news is our new remodeled bar will be opening in about a month, our diverse guests will love the new decor. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent place to stay snoopy was welcome and I enjoyed all perks. I stay here every time I am in Phoenix. The wifi and cable television is great and so are the staff. They have a big truck parking area which is patrolled by local police . There are a lot of restaurants nearby which give discounts for guests of quality inn.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We thank "Snoopy" for his endorsement, and thank you so much for staying with us...yes, we are the place to stay in the Phoenix/Goodyear area, hope to see you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Are you traveling on I-10?

Traveling with Family and friends.

Tired?

Looking for a Hotel?

This hotel did the job for me.

Couldn't ask for anything more.

Right price. Right location. Right drinks and lodging. Right shopping, right across the street. Literally.

Don't crash on the road. If you are tired, crash here.

See you on the great American highways.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We are one of those magic moments on one of America's great highways! Everything you need 1 minute off the freeway, peace, quiet and lots of great food! Thank you for staying with us!
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!